Epilogue

So, this is the last you will ever hear from me on this story. It's been a wild ride.

I know I've said this a lot already but thank you all for the support you have shown. I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Without any further ado, here is your much deserved epilogue!

---

"Good evening, America. This morning, a local school teacher from New Jersey was arrested for engaging in an illegal relationship with a student. Drama teacher Gerard Way is twenty-three years old and has only been at the school for six months. The teacher turned himself in and pleaded guilty for having an inappropriate, sexual relationship with a seventeen year old student. For legal reasons, the child's family did not want to come forward but we have been told that the student does not want to testify against Mr Way. The trial will take place in the next week and it is estimated that the teacher could get prison time from two years up to ten."

*Three years later*

I didn't notice the date until halfway through the day. As soon as I saw the numbers, my heart stopped. He was getting out today.

It had been three years since I had seen Gerard. When he had first been sent down, I had tried to visit him but he had rejected every one of my visitation requests. I knew he wanted me to get on with my life. That was easier said than done.

My mom had wanted me to testify against him and speak in court but there was no way I was going to do that and I still stood by my decision. She obviously had been mortified by the whole thing.

Even my dad had threatened to kill him.

When something that big had happened to you, it was a little hard to just forget about it and move on. I thought about Gerard every day even if it was just for a minute. Something always reminded me of him; whether it was a complicated word, a waistcoat or even a pair of Batman boxers.

I could still picture his smile but only just. The mental image I had of him was slowly fading away and I supposed that I was finally over it all.

I had attempted relationships since but none could compare to my first one. Although, that was probably the same for everyone. Didn't stop it from feeling special though.

Over the first year, I was told a number of things: he had taken advantage of me, I was young and naive, it wasn't real love, he had messed up the rest of my life. I didn't believe any of it.

My mom had tried to convince me that I hadn't been in love at all and that Gerard just saw me as some sex toy. It was bullshit and I ignored it all.

If I was being honest with myself, I still wanted answers. I wanted to know why he had turned himself in. Had the blackmailing gotten out of hand? Funnily enough, I never found out who had that hold over him. I wanted to know.

Since all of my visitation requests had been denied, I had to wait the full sentence which was now finally up. Although, I had no way of finding him. Shortly after he had been sent down, his house had gone up for sale and I hadn't seen Mikey since.

New Jersey wasn't a massive place but I had no idea where to start. I knew he wouldn't be teaching again; his teaching license had been taken off him. So where would he go?

I had put myself in his shoes and I knew that if I were him, I'd go to my mom's house. Where else could you go really?

So after some digging, I had managed to find the numbers to four Way households and I was yet to call any of them. What was I supposed to say? "Hello, this is the boy your son supposedly took sexual advantage of. Is he in?"