Sleepover

It was dark when I woke up. It took me a second to realise that I was still in Mr- Gerard's bed. Holy shit, what time was it?

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, trying to remember where I'd left my phone. I was under the bed covers but I was alone in the dark room. The only source of light was from a floor lamp next to the bed. Gerard must have turned it on and moved me under the covers at some point.

Surely, my phone was in my jeans pocket where I'd left it. I looked over the bed to see our clothes were still scattered about. I couldn't help but grin as I remembered the events of the previous night.

I almost couldn't believe that it had happened. I had basically lived my biggest sexual dream. Although, the real life version had been so much better and intimate. It was better than I ever thought it would be.

I climbed out of the bed and pulled my boxers on and grabbed Gerard's white shirt. It was a little big for me but I didn't bother doing up the buttons so that didn't matter.

My phone was where I had expected and I checked the time. It was half one in the morning. What the fuck?

I peeked through the curtains to see that it was the early hours of the morning. Holy shit.

I decided to find Gerard to get to the bottom of this. Why hadn't he woken me up? I needed to get home before my mom killed me. She was probably already planning my funeral.

On the way downstairs, I stopped off in the bathroom to take a piss and to check my appearance. My hair was pretty messy but I didn't care. I had more bruises on my neck to match the one from a few days ago. I needed to invest in a scarf or something.

When I'd made sure that my phone was safe in one of the breast pockets, I padded down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Gerard, it was strange calling him that, was sat at the breakfast bar in front of a stack of paper with a cup of coffee. He appeared to be doing some marking at past one in the morning. He was just wearing his boxers as well and what appeared to be a faded Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt.

"Good morning." He beamed when he saw me. His hair was just as messy as mine and he looked tired.

"It's half one." I stated the obvious, squirming a little. Maybe I should have gotten a bit more dressed. Although, he'd seen everything now so I didn't need to hide.

"Indeed." He nodded, taking a sip of his coffee.

I wasn't too sure what to do. Should I call my mom to pick me up? She would freak though if she found out I was at my teacher's house. Or was Gerard going to drop me home?

"I took the liberty of messaging your mother on your behalf." He told me, standing up.

"What?" I quickly grabbed my phone and clicked on the messages.

To: Mom

Staying over at a friend's. Sorry it's short notice.

He had done pretty well at not using complicated vocabulary or correct grammar.

He had sent that at eight, after my mom had messaged, asking where I was. She had replied, too:

Alright. Don't be late for school in the morning xx

"She seemed quite acquiescent." He placed his now empty mug in the sink. "Easily persuaded."

I put my phone away again. "She's probably happy I have a friend to stay with."

He smiled and dragged me closer to him by pulling the hem of the shirt.

"This looks good on you." He wrapped his arms around my waist, under the shirt.

"It's a bit big." I smiled, placing my hands against his chest.

"I like it." He moved closer and lightly kissed my neck before pulling away. "My apologies. I abolished your no hickeys rule."

"That's okay." I started fiddling with the top of his t-shirt. "I didn't mind."

I'd probably care tomorrow at school but for now, I didn't. I was still getting over the high. It seemed to really hit me then: I'd lost my virginity. I'd lost my virginity to one of the most attractive and caring guys I'd ever met.

"You'll have to accompany me to school tomorrow." He said, "Well, today."

Was he saying what I thought he was saying? "So I'm staying over?" I asked.

"You technically already are." He pointed out, smiling a little.

I preferred that a lot more to going home. It meant that I could spend more time with him.

"Although." His expression dropped, "It will be sensible to drop you off down the road from school so it isn't obvious we're arriving together."

I sighed. I hated that we couldn't be a real couple. And I hated even more than ever that I was still in high school.

"Okay..." I lowered my head.

He kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry, Frank."

I tried not to care, I really did. It was hard though. There would never be a time when we would be accepted, would there?

I lifted my head back up and decided to change the subject so I didn't lose my good mood. "How long have I been asleep?"

He hummed in thought for a moment before replying, "About seven or eight hours. Have you had trouble sleeping lately?"

"I don't think so." I frowned. "Do you have sleeping trouble?"

"Myself?"

"You're the one awake at half one in the morning." I reminded him.

He smirked and pulled away from me. "That is true. Maybe it's indeed time to sleep." He took one of my hands in his and turned off the kitchen light before taking me back upstairs.

It was dark in his bedroom still, with only a floor lamp next to his bed on. He led me to the bed and waited while I climbed onto it again, going under the covers.

He then switched the lamp off and climbed in next to me, sighing contently as soon as he lay down.

I waited about two seconds before moving closer to him. His arm wrapped around me and pulled me closer straight away.

I couldn't stop a massively stupid grin from spreading across my face as I snuggled up to him. I was glad he couldn't see my face in the light. If this carried on, there was no way the smile would ever leave my face.

---

Wow, I still managed to update even though I had a shitty morning/whole day at college and had to walk home in the rain. Go me!

-Beth :3