[KR] W/ Two Worlds

W / Two Worlds

SYNOPSIS

  What is real and what is made up? In a bizarre blurring of truth and fiction, Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) is a second-year cardiothoracic resident doctor whose father mysteriously disappears one day. Oh Sung Moo (Kim Eui Sung) writes the most popular webtoon series known as "W," but his assistant artist, Park Soo Bong (Lee Shi Un), is in a panic because Sung Moo disappears on the day before he is supposed to finish the final episode of the webtoon. When Yeon Joo goes into her father's drawing room to investigate, an unexplainable thing happens. A bloodied hand appears out of a tablet screen and pulls Yeon Joo onto a rooftop where Kang Cheol (Lee Jong Suk) is bleeding from a stab wound. Yeon Joo ends up saving Kang Cheol's life, only to realize after the incident that Cheol is the main character of her father's webtoon! The next day, Sung Moo just as mysteriously returns and is intent on writing the final episode of the webtoon and once again tries to kill off Kang Cheol. But when Yeon Joo tries to talk her father out of ending the series, she finds herself sucked back into the world of Kang Cheol, his secretary Yoon So Hee (Jung Yoo Jin) and bodyguard Seo Do Yoon (Lee Tae Hwan). Then everything that happens to Yeon Joo in Kang Cheol's world is automatically drawn as the next episode of her father's webtoon. Why is Yeon Joo becoming embroiled in the fictional life of Kang Cheol and who is writing the story? "W" is a 2016 South Korean drama series directed by Jung Dae Yoon.  

LENGTH

16, an hour long each. Also an extra episode, which was a basically a recap. 

Cast Members

Lee Jongsuk as Kang Chul

Han Hyojoo as Oh Yeonjoo

Jung Yoojin as Yoon Sohee

Lee Taehwan as Seo Doyoon

Review

5 out of 5, Updated 3/28/18

hELL FUCKIBN YEAH MABN

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP 4 THIS DRAMA

LIKE IT'S LITERALLY MY DREAM

"hey do u hate falling in love with cartoon characters???? BITCH ME TOO!!"

spoiler: kang chul is a cartoon character

LIKE YESSSS

ok but tbh, there's like a big ass cliche and it's like :// 

also, it lacks the ending - bc it's not really good. Like the ending was shitty-ish, but it was plausible. It was overall a great watch! It's extremely well put together as well, it's one of those dramas that push cliches to a different level. And actually make them look good!  It's also perfect for binging and wanting to feel some angsty-ness. 

With the addition of the webtoon stuff, the art is absolutely amazing. Props to whoever did the art for this drama, because it's astounding. 

It could have just been a lot of tracing, but to keep it in the same art style is pretty impressive

Anyways, give this drama a watch! It puts a little bit of a twist on the 'rich bad boy heir', and makes him a character in a fictional world! Hence the name Two Worlds. There's also a little bit of action within it too!