"Get off! Get off, get off!"

"Hunter, I'm not-"

"Dad," he groaned. "Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad-"

"Stop it!" I cried, shoving my face directly into Hunter's. "Hunter, snap out of it. You're safe. Hunter, I swear you're safe. You're here with me, with kat, you're safe, I'll never let him hurt you please just come back, ok? Come on,"

"Wanna die," he whimpered; making me feel physically sick as he repeated it over and over again. He grabbed my shoulders, showing me that he was still there somehow, and he stared at me in desperation. "Can't..can't go back. Wanna die. Can't hurt me if I'm dead. Please, please kill me, please-"

"Hunter, stop," I begged, my own tears covering my face in seconds. I pulled him closer to me, not thinking twice before pressing my lips to his and holding him there for a few moments. I pulled away an inch, whimpering against his mouth. "Baby please don't say that, please Hunter, come on. Please Hunter, we're gonna get through this. I've got you, I've always got you. I swear to God if you weren't here I wouldn't know what to do. I want you here, I need you here. God Hunter, I love you so much please, I need you,"

For a few minutes, it was only the sound of our breathing that filled the room and I had never felt so insecure in my life. I wasn't really sure what I'd just said, but I knew that it wasn't just adrenaline. I meant every word. I had to have meant it. It had just taken me so long to realise it.

"Love you," he murmured, his breath brushing against my face. "Love you. I love you. Kat-"

"You don't need to say it," I whispered. "I just want you to come back to me, you with me? You ok?"

"Love you," he said again, and I shook my head, not believing the words that were coming out of our mouths. "Kat, I love you. Kat, I love you so much,"

Before I knew it, he was the one kissing me. It was so passionate and desperate and the urgency from both of our sides was just overpowering everything. For a moment, John wasn't there. For that moment, everything was good. All that was there was me and Hunter, holding each other, and that was when I knew that we could do this. We had to.

"Shit," Hunter cursed, eyes dropping to his arm, still bleeding.

"Fuck," I jumped up, leaving him sitting on the floor as I ran back to the drawer, digging out the plasters I kept there for this reason only. When I got back, I cradled Hunter's arm in my hand, tearing open the tape so that it could fit fully around all fresh wounds. I patted it a bit, making sure that it was tight before planting a kiss on top without even thinking what I was doing.

"That's nice," Hunter murmured; voice sleepy and dazed. I knew how self conscious he was about his scars and how bad he felt when he made new ones. 

I just forced a smile. "You're still beautiful,"

"Mmm,"

"Tired?"

"Wanna stay up, with you. Don't wanna leave you," he mumbled, lips pouting a little as I stood up with him trailing along with me.

"I wont leave you, you know I wont." I assured him, leading him over to my bed because for some reason, he felt more at ease in mine. After tearing back the blankets and laying both of us down, I turned to face Hunter, his eyelids fluttering.

"Go to sleep," I sighed, trailing my hand along the side of his face. "I'll be here the whole time,"

"You sleep too," he protested.

"I will, after you."

"K," he murmured, his eyes closing almost peacefully. "You meant it? What you said?"