Laxus x Reader | Saving Me

Start from the beginning

➳➳➳

"Where did you find her?"

"She was in the forests being chased by vulcans. She can stay, right Gramps?"

"You're being awfully insistent today,"

"It's just wrong to kick her out,"

A chuckle came from the other voice in the room and he praised the boy on his behaviour.

"That's the right mindset. Fairy Tail is everyone's home. Everyone is welcomed. I'll be going to my paperwork now, you keep an eye on her,"

"Will do Gramps!"

There was a click of the door as it closed behind the older sounding voice. I was now alone with the boy that saved my life. Though I should greet him to properly thank him, my nerves left me contemplating whether I should open my eyes or pretend to be asleep.

"You're awake right?"

Nevermind.

"You caught me," I mumbled, struggling to sit up on the white bed.

"I'm Laxus, what's your name?" He asked me with a smile. I glanced off to the side, watching the sunlight dance through the window as I hesitated.

"[Name]..." I finally answered. At the same time, I found myself being able to face his bright smile.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Yes thank you. I owe you my life," I smiled at him but it smile dimmed soon after. "I'll leave as soon as possible. I don't want to trouble you any further."

"You can always stay here. You don't have anywhere to go right?"

"I don't even have a goal in life... perhaps it might have been better if you had left me,"

"No! You can just find a new goal. What's your magic?"

"I'm a Lightning Dragon Slayer, but my dragon left before she was able to teach me everything,"

"That's cool! I'm a Lightning Dragon Slayer too," Laxus grinned at me once more. "But I had a Lacrima placed in me."

I didn't understand what he was talking about but nodded anyway. He had the same magic as me.

"Your dragon. They disappeared right?"

"Yes. I doubt that I'll find them," I frowned, tears welling up in my eyes at the reminder that I had been abandoned.

"Hey don't cry okay? I know! Join Fairy Tail,"

"W-What will that solve?"

Why do they talk so highly of this Fairy Tail?

"We'll go on jobs when we're older and explore the entirety of Earthland. We'll find your dragon okay? Don't cry," he held my hands and I could feel his warmth.

It made me feel completely safe. Were humans always this considerate?

I wiped my tears away, sniffling slightly.

"You promise?"

"Of course I do! You'll see. It's the Fairy Tail way to help others. I won't go back on my word. I never will,"

I nodded once more, leaning forward to wrap my arms around him.

"Then please, take care of me!"

He seemed shocked but was quick to hug me back. I smiled even wider if possible, now feeling completely safe in his arms.

You may not have known at the time, but you gave me a new chance at life...