More Than Words

Damian stuffed his cold hands into his coat pockets and puffed out a warm breath into the winter weather.

He didn't know exactly were he was headed but where he's going, his feet were taking him.

Until he came to a sudden stop on the snow covered sidewalk.

Damian listened closely with his ear, focusing on a faint string instrument being played, before turning a different direction and following the lightweight notes.

He gracefully dodged some reckless pedestrians as he came closer to the source.

As the twelve year became well within range of the music source, he slowed down his pace and continued down the path deep in thought.

Why does the sound allure me?

He thought.

Why does it sound familiar?

Damian wasn't talking about the song. But who was playing it and how it was portrayed.

And it sounded as if it was empty.

Hallowed.

Eventually, Damian had found himself in front of a large gazebo. Absentmindedly, the raven haired boy's attention was fixed on the violinist.

Although the youth choir was caroling for physical interaction and talent, it didn't change the fact that someone else was stealing the show.

Damian's attention was stuck on the violinist, he could hear the harmony of the children singing in the background.

But they only enhanced the true performer of the show.

Myelin.

The way her fingers gracefully coordinated in swift movements of the song. Her small frame showing strong technique with her dancing.

It was as if she was pouring her heart and soul out for everyone to listen. But not everyone chooses to hear.

Except Damian. He was listening to Myelin's voice loud and clear.

Everyone is only hearing the song for its beauty while the young Robin listens to the clone's sorrows.

Claps and cheers erupted from the crowd of people. The young children were smiling at their hard work and accomplishment while Myelin gave her instrument to an adult supervisor before shinning a soft smile at the happy scene.

"It's beautiful song you choose. But I didn't enjoy it."

The young violinist snapped in the direction her peripheral vision, to reveal Damian staring at her. She leaned against the wooden railing separating the two.

"Perhaps I'd enjoy your performance more if you played it for yourself than for everyone else."

Myelin eyed the boy standing on the outside and leaned closer on the railing towards him.

As if Damian was Romeo and Myelin was Juliet, reenacting the balcony scene.

She never took close consideration of Robin's true identity. But now, having the snow white lighting raining down on him and wearing modern casual attire, he looked like a normal human being without an alter ego.