Coma

Camila's POV

Lauren just fainted for about a minute and woke up again. I told her to also get herself checked in the ER since we were also going to the hospital but she refused. She said that she's fine now and that was just a mishap because the rescuing we did still affected her. So here once we arrived at St. Matthew's, I immediately find solace. I did remember something, this was the moment of truth, and this was my place, the place where I belong. 

 "I work here." I am excitedly telling Lauren in a matter of fact tone.

 "You did?" She watched me like she couldn't believe what I was saying so I tried pointing out to her everything I knew about the place. I am seeing familiar face, items, hallways, etc. This was it my workplace, my life! "The receptionist, her name is Amita." I pointed to Lauren the lady who was sitting in the desk. "It's all coming back to me now." I was really happy for once I saw in Lauren's eyes that she have faith in me now and that's more than enough to make me happy. "There's Demi and Austin and Ally and..." I stopped myself because I noticed that Lauren was on her way to Amita's desk so I followed her. 

She was asking Amita about me. However, she only knew my first name, I hope I am well known in this hospital so that we could gather more information about my physical life. 

"Camila?" Amita was asking her. "You mean Camila Cabello? She looked at Lauren again.

 "Cabello. Yes, that's my name." I immediately told Lauren and she nod at me in agreement, finally I remember my family name.

 "Yes, that's it. Camila Cabello." Lauren responded to her. 

 "Dr. Cabello is..." Amita started answering but stopped from talking for about 5 seconds, "....is not active on our staff right now." She looked down at her computer. "Hold on. Let me talk to someone." She told Lauren to wait for a while and I saw her asking a new doctor who was sitting a few chairs away at her back. 

"Oh, no, she's got the tone." I muttered in depressing way.

 "What tone?" Lauren asked me curiously.

 "The tone. You're trying to pass the buck onto somebody else to tell you your friend died!" I explained to the green eye lady beside me dejectedly. "Excuse me, Ma'am." The receptionist called her. 

"I need you to go to the third-floor nurses' station." She instructed Lauren, and we straightaway went straight to third floor and I saw more familiar faces. 

 "Oh, no, it's Dinah. She's my mentor. They wouldn't send us here if it wasn't bad." I am actually mentally preparing myself as Lauren and I walked towards her. "Ms. Jauregui?" She called Lauren, oh god this must be real serious, Lauren gave her a nod and walked towards her. 

"Dinah Jane Hansen", she shook her hand confirming her identity to Lauren. "Nice to meet you." My companion replied nicely while they were shaking hands. "You've been inquiring about Camila Cabello?" 

"Right. Could you tell me what happened to her?" Lauren started speaking. "Well first, I need to know your relationship with her." The Tongan doctor said. 

"Tell her you're my girlfriend." Lauren looked at me shook. "What? She can't tell you anything unless she knows we're intimately connected." 

"We were romantic with each other." The green eyed lady spoke shyly. 

 "What do you mean?" My mentor was asking her for clarifications.

 "You know, girlfriend-girlfriend, just like boyfriend-girlfriend." Lauren tried to explain what she meant. "I know what romantic means, but I... I have a hard time believing that." The taller doctor replied to her doubtfully.