The Meet Up

Lauren's POV

I am comfortably sitting in the couch of my new apartment, wearing my favorite pajamas and that black 1975 t-shirt, chugging out some beer cans, while watching my wife and I's wedding video. Yes, two years have already passed since the day she left me all alone to live in this world. Two years of battling misery and trying to live alone, man my life's a mess.

I noticed that I already consumed all the beer that was in front of me, so I decided to go to the kitchen and to take a new one. While on my way back to the couch I opened my beer can when all of a sudden.....

"WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!", we both shouted and looked shocked at each other while my beer can exploded as I accidentally compressed it. What the f**k I saw this brunette woman standing in front of me near the kitchen door!

 "What?" I asked her. I know I am drunk but no who is she? Yes that question was all in my mind who is she scaring the crap out of me like that.

Camila's POV

"WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" I screamed my lungs out as I saw this unknown woman in pajamas in front of me exploding the beer all over the place!! Who is she? What is she doing in my apartment?! I'M IN PANIC MODE that's all I know.

"There's nothing worth stealing here."I told her. 

"There's no money, no drugs." I am mumbling my words on her.

"I am not stealing anything", she told me in a matter of fact voice.

"OK. I'm sure there's a homeless shelter nearby." I answered her. "I will give you money for cab fare and a good meal. But please, don't blow it on more beer, OK?" I offered her. 

 "I am not homeless." She said, "I live here."

 Did she just say she lives here? In my place? No she's crazy! I need to tell her the truth.

"OK. You can't live here, because I LIVE HERE." I put an emphasis to the last words I said. "This is my apartment." I told her proudly.

"Since when?", she asked me in a drunk voice.

"Since I rented it of course!" Is she stupid or what?!

"You rented it?" I heard her again questioning me.

"Yeah." I told her with a smirked and my arms crossing my body. 

"You know what? I don't need this." She said to me.

"What?" I asked her. 

"Rent scam, right?" She was telling me. What does this woman mean so I asked her what was she talking about. 

"There's probably five other people who paid deposits and got the keys." She continued her speech but I cut her off, "And moved in all their things?" I asked her if what I was thinking was the same as her.

"Yeah..." she said. "What?!" She sounded shook about what I said but then I noticed that she never let go of her beer can. Was she a drinker or what? What the hell was her problem.

"Look! This is my stuff. All of these." I told her with my arms extended to everything in this place in order to show her ownership. "That's my couch," as I pointed it for emphasis, "that's my coffee table", as I walk towards it and what is this I saw? Is that a ring of moisture in it? My favorite mahogany table and she just put her beer cans in there with no care and that turned my anger up. 

"Have you ever heard of a coaster?" I asked her with an infuriating look, man I was flaming mad. "Or a trash can, for that matter?" Man she's trashing my house. There are bag of chips every where, beer cans. Argggghhh!! I can't take this any more.

"Look?! I don't care who you are, but you're gonna mop that up!" I told her in a demanding tone pointing towards a wet floor near the kitchen. 

"I'm getting the bucket. It's like a pig has moved into my house." I shouted to her stumping my feet towards the kitchen to get the cleaning materials that I can throw at her face.

"What?" I heard her asking me like she was a lost confused puppy. Was she really that clueless?

"Like a filthy pig", I answered her back. Man I was already fuming mad and she just sounded unaffected by my madness.

Lauren's POV

"You... You moved in when?" I asked the brunette mad woman who crashed my apartment who was telling me harsh words like she owns my apartment. Yeah she's attractive, with brown eyes, nice eyes, and her butt... Hey what was I thinking I think I am drunk by now so I followed her towards the kitchen but when I arrived there, I can't find her anymore. 

 "Hello?" I called her but there was no answer.

 "Hello?" Where did she go all of a sudden? Did she just disappeared after giving me a long mad lecture about cleanliness? Who was she? She left me in deep thoughts.

So after that incident I hurried my way towards a nearby hardware store to buy some additional locks. Yes, I need more security maybe that woman was a burglar or something. I installed it right away in the main door as I arrived home making sure that it's well locked and that encounter shall never happen again.

After a tiring and stressful afternoon I decided to take a shower afterwards. i feel rejuvenated now, that shower indeed helped me relaxed a bit. I was getting out from the shower I wrapped a towel in my hair to dry it off and I checked myself in front of the mirror in the sink as I drink my beer that I left near the sink. 

 "I told you to get out!" I heard her once again enough to send shivers throughout my body and I saw her in the misty mirror so I hurriedly wiped it but her reflection wasn't there anymore. I hurriedly turned my back to check her out but she's not there.

 "Jesus!", that scared the hell out of me, am I hallucinating or what! I think I'm seeing some ghost but she seemed so real, so alive....