Sign Me a Waiver

A day had passed since I asked Lauren to left me alone here in the hospital. I wanted to be reacquainted with my body but I really couldn't figure a way on how I should. I already saw my colleagues, they were all preoccupied by their duties, and here I am on my way to my room when all of a sudden I heard the sounds of laughter of children who were very familiar to me.

"Zoe? Lily Vanilli?" I saw my nieces running, trying to catch-up with each other towards my room. "Oh, my God, you guys got so big!" I also started running so I could caught up with them. 

"Beat ya!" Zoey my 6 year old niece told her younger sister upon reaching my bed. "Did not!" Lily my 4 year old niece replied. "Did too!" Said the older while poking her sister. "Did not!" And they started their banter while they pulled my hand Lily on the right and Zoey on the left. "How could I feel Lauren and not you guys?" I noticed that I didn't felt any sensation upon their touches unlike when the green eyed woman does. She seemed more connected to me than the ones that were blood related to me. When all of a sudden the door opened and a very special person entered the room.

"Oh, that's funny." My sister said once she entered the room, she brought me flowers.

"Sofi!" I said while I made my way to stood next to her.

"I remember saying no running, no screaming!" She scolded my nieces once more while fixing the flowers in a vase. How come she couldn't see me too?

"Sofi, can you feel me?" But she just walked passed through me and continued to reprimand her kids. "I guess not." I took a deep breath and noticed my nieces were murmuring something. They were at my bedside and whispering something into my ears.

"I hope you feel better." Zoey said while caressing my caressing my cheek with her little soft hands, she looks just like Sofia when we we were little. "Get well soon. I l..loooove yooou." Lily said in her cute little voice and that made my spirit's heart flutter, the four year old never failed to do. They continued their speeches trying to recall all the things that we used to do when I was fully functional of course. A smile started to creep on my face as Lily mentioned on how we used to play together in the park and how I pushed them on the swing every time I had time to visit them. They kept on saying how much they missed me and they badly needed me to wake up from sleeping so long. God, I need to come and see them more often when I get well.

I noticed that Sofi was already standing  next to me. "It's so sweet you guys come and visit me." I told my sister even though she couldn't her me. I really appreciated her so much for always trying to find ways to visit me. I saw how much she was trying not to cry while watching her daughters' sweet interactions with me.

"Excuse me." We were suddenly interrupted by a male voice so we turned our backs to see who owns it. Of course I know who it was, no other than the arrogant, Shawn Mendez.

Sofi's POV

It's been three long months since my sister, Camila had her accident and this was my routine ever since. I would visit her in the hospital whenever I could, why not she's the only family I got now after our parents passed away. I couldn't afford to lose her too. Today I brought my children after I picked them out from school. I know how much they missed their Auntie so I brought them along. Although, Kaki was older than me by 4 years she still didn't had her own family, all her life was dedicated in the medical field. I tried setting up for dates but nothing really flourished to romance.

I am seeing the sweet interactions of my children towards her. I am really trying so hard to hold on to my tears, I wouldn't allow my children to see how devastated their mother is. However, my thoughts were suddenly interrupted when a male doctor made his way inside the room, I bet he's one of her colleagues.