Staying Warm

So that's what she said," Twilight finished explaining to her wife

Rainbow Dash, who was curled up on the floor in front of the apartment's glowing fireplace, snickered. Twilight glanced to her with a confused expression while Sunset just shook her head.

"Well," Sunset caught her spouse's attention again. "Cadance is right. I mean, if she's really this world's version of the one in Equestria. I've told you before what kind of powerful magic the Equestrian one is capable of - along with her husband too. As long as our own love is strong, we should be able to transform at will. Not that I see what use that is. It's not like we ever walk out the door and suddenly need to fight a super villain."

"Not anymore," Twilight nodded.

That made Sunset chuckle. "I suppose."

"Just kiss already!" Rainbow shouted over at them with a mischievous grin.

"Enough from the peanut gallery," Twilight coolly responded. She had gotten good at that over time.

Rainbow folded her arms and scooched closer to the warm fire. "Fine. But what are we doing today? I'm bored."

It was a Sunday and a rather relaxed one at that. The couple had no plans and Rainbow was not one to spend much time indoors, except when she was napping. She got as restless as Spike, who was peacefully laying about after his recent walk.

"How about you come up with your own ideas, Dash," Sunset grumbled at the girl.

Rainbow got a sour look on her face at first but then it cleared up in a flash. "I have an idea!"

Twilight giggled and Sunset just rose a brow.

"Snowboarding!" the athlete got to her feet with a sparkle in her eyes.

Twilight looked to her wife. "It is cold enough at The Peaks. That's only a thirty minute trip from here."

"You've never snowboarded before," Sunset commented.

"No, but I've always wanted to try skiing," Twilight looked hopeful. "And, besides, I've got you."

Sunset couldn't help grabbing and hugging her spouse in response. Rainbow just rolled her eyes and tapped her foot, waiting for them to get on with it.

"I'll teach you," Sunset told Twilight. "And we'll take it easy. I don't need a competition with Dash to have fun."