The Grass Is Greener

Finally!" Sunset Shimmer sighed so loud that it was more of a groan than an exhalation of air

Twilight laid into the plush seat of the luxury car's backseat next to Sunset. It would be a short drive to their hotel room they were staying overnight. The flight to their honeymoon resort was in the morning. Nervously, the dark blue haired young woman wondered what they would do before going to bed. She had spent so much time planning and scheduling that it only truly hit her now that this would be their wedding night.

Sunset was tired from spending the day in the after-ceremony activities. Dancing, games, meals, snacks, talking, more talking. All the while she only wanted to scoop Twilight into her arms and cement their faces together in a fiery exchange of tongues. The reserved kiss for the vows had hardly been worth mentioning. Now that they were married, Sunset fully intended to capitalize on her acquisition.

Both girls felt the car pull out of the driveway and turn in the general direction of the hotel and airport. The redhead quickly removed her sore-inducing high heels the way Twilight had already done. She had to gather up a portion of her wedding dress so she could shift it in a way that would allow her to lean over to her new wife sitting next to her on the sofa-like backseat.

"About tonight, Sun-"

Twilight's meek and uncertain voice wasn't able to get any further because Sunset went straight for what she had wanted all day. It was cruel that Twilight had been by her side for so long and yet had still been out of reach. No longer. There was tinted glass between them and the driver, who was too busy driving to notice the compromising position.

Sunset half-launched herself over her bride, pinned her down by her shoulders, pressed her down on the seat, and then teasingly played with the tied-up locks of her wife's hair. "Want to guess how long I've waited for this?"

"Mmph!" Twilight's words were too muffled to make sense because Sunset hadn't waited for an answer. If Sunset had showed restraint and calm during their day with their friends and family then all of that was now gone. Their lips mashed together in a feverish kiss.

Only a gentle push against Sunset's chest managed to separate them long enough for a single word.

"Hotel," Twilight muttered out in a confused babble. Her face was red and her body felt like it had ignited. The two of them had make-outs before, but they had always kept a boundary. An invisible line had been crossed with their marriage vows and both knew the other no longer intended to honor the old boundaries.

Sunset leaned back down, placed her head in the crook of Twilight's neck, and breathed deep. Her special girl had always preferred gentle and subtle body mists to powerful perfumes. The aroma of a clean green meadow was just barely present over the girl's traditional scent of old books. Neither of those things mattered to Sunset because she only cared that the smell was familiar. It was Twilight and for her that meant home.