Chapter 30- This Been The Best Eighteenth Birthday

Start from the beginning

When he opens the door, everyone shouts, "surprise!"

Luke is speechless.

Carlos says, "happy birthday", giving him a man's hug.

Justin whispers in my ears, "you have the tape right?"

I nod.

Arlene looks beautiful, she had on a high waist green dress and gold heels, her hair let out.

She hugs Luke and says, "happy 18th birthday."

Luke smiles.

I take out my camera and hand it to Arlene.

I say, "group picture guys."

We all stand in front of the sign and pose for pictures.

"Cheeeese."

Arlene takes the picture.

I see Stephanie and her minions, what are they doing here?

Most of the boys go into the kitchen, I tug on Justin's shirt.

He watches me with concern, I ask, "what are they doing here?"

I point at Stephanie.

He shrugs, "well we kind of invite half of the school and since she's popular, she must go to every party".

I say, "I am going to get something to drink."

He nods.

I see the front door opens, revealing a handsome guy, Brandon.

He had a bag in his hand, he smiles at me.

I walk up to him and kiss him, then someone clears their throat behind us, I turn around to see Nikki watching us with a frown, she says, "this is not a make-out party."

I snap, "what about that couple across there? They are particularly having s**."

I grab Brandon's hand and leave.

******

Luke's POV

They are going to give me gifts right now.

I ask, "who wants to go first?"

Brandon puts up his hand, he gives me a bag and I open it, it is an Ipod, I say, "thanks, man."

Arlene is next, she says, "this is my gift", pulling a girl, she has black hair, blue eyes and has on a dress with a bow on her head.

She gives me a shy smile, Arlene says, "this is my cousin Gabriella, if you break her heart, I will kill you."

I laugh and shake my head, I say to Gabriella, "Hi my name is Luke", she smiles.

It is Kyle's turn, he gives me a leather jacket and new gloves. Carlos gives me two tickets to a basketball game, I smile. The twins give me a new Xbox and headphones.

Then it is Anne's turn, she hands me something wrap in gift paper when I open it, it was a gold hoverboard.

I squeeze her and say, "this is the best gift ever."

She says, "and it gets better", then she handed me some tickets. I gasp its tickets to the water park I wanted to go to, "this is the best gift ever."

Justin snorts, "please my gift is way better, DJ music please", then the music comes on.

Justin says, "follow me and close your eyes", someone blindfolds me, they lead me somewhere, when they take it off, I gasp, it's a motorbike with a red bow on it.

Jordan says, "told you mines is the best."

Anne rolls her eyes.

I whisper, "he wishes, yours is way better."

She laughs.

****

After everyone leaves it's just me and my friends.

Arlene says, "I have one more surprise for the birthday boy."

I smile.

Justin says, "and action."

They put on the projector and the show begins.

I see Jordan walk into the bank smiling, I glance at him and he is clutching his fist looking at Arlene. I laugh when he enters the office and the manager told him he was a prank, and the guys are laughing also, but Kyle is rolling on the floor.

When he exits the bank, I clap, Jordan asks, "how did you get to two places at once?"

Arlene shrugs.

Anne is laughing so hard, she fell off the couch, but Brandon grabs her quickly. I yawn, this has been the best Eighteenth Birthday.

__________________