s e v e n t e e n ;

s e v e n t e e n ;

Logan's eyes widened in shock after he came to the realization that she was really there. A seventeen year old Louise Belcher sitting in his back seat. She slid to the edge and pushed the door open, stepping out of the car and straightening out the crinkled up dark green material of her school uniform dress. She heaved a sigh as she pushed the little dust particles that had stuck to her clothing when she was on the floor of the car and finally looked up at Logan, acknowledging him.

"Hey." She greeted him in a very nonchalant way, and then stood there, waiting for a response from him.

His jaw fell open as he looked from her to the car, trying to figure out when she climbed inside. He hadn't even noticed her. "What the hell are you doing here, Louise?" He asked her once the initial shock wore off.

"I didn't want to be in that hell hole any longer." She admitted to him with a shrug of her shoulders. Of course she wouldn't tell him about her brother Gene and how he betrayed her by letting himself become swayed by Danielle and her two-faced ways, as she liked to put it. Before he could ask her how she got in the car, she told him, "You really need to lock your car, even when you're on school grounds."

He recalled in that moment that he had unlocked it and then returned inside the building to get his belongings. Those few minutes had been enough for her to decide and go through with her plan.

Logan took a few steps towards her, their arms brushing against each other as he reached past her to pull the back seat door open. "Get in the car." He told her sternly. "I'm taking you back to the school." He lived in a calm neighborhood, and it was the afternoon time in which the sun was already setting. Most people were already indoors, having returned from work, and having dinner with their families. Still, he didn't want to risk anyone seeing them and getting the wrong idea. Louise was only seventeen and he was twenty five. He didn't want to get into trouble because of her.

Crossing her arms over her chest, Louise refused. "I'm not going back there until Monday morning when you return to school grounds."

"Are you crazy?" He hissed, looking from left to right to make sure no one was watching them. "I can get fired because of you."

"Pfft." Louise scoffed. "You won't get fired. Your aunt is the head mistress of the school."

"That's not gonna stop the cops from arresting me." He argued.

"Look," She sighed, rolling her eyes at him with annoyance. "No one will even notice that I'm gone. Plus, I won't even stay here with you. I'm going into town and see how that goes. I'll come back on Monday morning so you can get me back to school. I wouldn't want to cause problems for you with Maria Valentina."

He shook his head. "Valentina isn't living here with me."

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

He continued, explaining, "Her pageant thing is on the other side of town, and Valentina isn't exactly fond of waking up early. So in order to save herself the long commute, she rented an apartment somewhere." 

"Hm." Louise hummed, as though it didn't matter to her.

"I can't let you go into town on your own." He stated with a shake of his head. "You're my responsibility for the weekend."

"I don't need a babysitter." Louise protested. 

Looking around once more to make sure none of the neighbors were watching him with a schoolgirl, he grabbed her by the arm and led her to the front door. "I'm not thrilled about babysitting you either. But we both know you need supervision because you're satan."