5. The First Day of Sharing a Condo = Complications

Mulai dari awal

Alice frowned as she turned the smoke alarm off, "It's not that funny. Not every woman is good at cooking eggs."

I shook my head and went on laughing. I tried to make her some toast and pour her orange juice. "Alright darling chainz, eat your meal. You're going to be late to your classes." Alice smiled at me and ate obediently.

Guess I won't be sleeping anymore, I changed to casual clothes, when I heard Alice calling out my name.

"Chase, I need you to give me your car keys. Or else I'll be late to college." I looked at her with surprise, first burned eggs, and now a broken car.

"Uh uh, I don't think so. However, I will drive you there, so don't cry."

Alice cracked a grin, "I'm not going to cry, don't get a big head mister."

I slapped her a** as I walked past her and turned around to give her a wink. As I started my car, Alice finally climbed into the passenger seat and slapped my arm.

I grinned at her, "Shouldn't you be slapping my a** instead?"

She scoffed, "As if, please, who knows how many women touched that. Just go, would ya."

I backed my car out of the parking space, "Yes ma'am. Let's play 21 questions...naw let's just play questions."

Alice laughed, "What the hell? Really? Questions? If you just have any, just shoot, I'll try to answer them with as much honesty I can."

"Was this your first time cooking eggs? The first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, no, you made it, the first day of sharing a condo~, two burned eggs and a broken car. You really aren't a morning person, eh?"

Alice squirmed a bit, then finally covered her face with her hands then groaned a 'yes'. I let out a chuckle and she smacked my arm.

"Did you ever cook before?" I asked, still laughing. She stuttered, "No I'm not a morning person. I've cooked before, but I'm not good with eggs. You see, the year I was away, I was actually with my brother. So he was with me traveling overseas to make my club business bigger. Well it's not my club business, since I share it with Jack and Sam. Plus, Jace is the owner too, since he bought them for me. He made all the meals, and I would watch him making eggs, and it looked easy."

I glanced at Alice to see a warm smile on her face, her eyes were shining, "Jace is like the best brother ever. Jace is 30 at the moment, yes we are nine years apart. I was a mistake, but Jace still loved me. Pops and mums always fought and were always threatening Jace about the inheritance. Then one day pops was drinking alcohol and was beating mums, and Jace wasn't home, yet. I told him to stop, then he turned his attention away from mums and came towards me. I don't really remember much about that night, according to Jace, it's because pops pulled my hair so hard and hit me so hard that I passed out. Jace came right home when I passed out, and called for the hospital right away. It was that day that Jace gave up his inheritance and took me away to a new home. Jace practically raised me, and I owe him so much." As I stopped at a redlight, I glanced at Alice's face to see a bit pain in her eyes.

"You have a wonderful brother. He means a lot to you doesn't he?" She wore a proud smile at my question and gave me a nod.

I decided to change the subject, "So...what really happened to your car?"

"Well...my sweet baby broke down." Alice now wore a sad pout and I couldn't help but laugh. She poked my arm, then got out of the car, as we've now reached the college campus. "Bully, have fun moving all your things to my condo. See you later."

"Thanks, good luck and have fun. Call me, when your classes are over." With that, she smiled at me, gave me a wave, then left...with those swinging hips, that will one day be the death of me.