Chapter 1: "Tye-Dye"

Depuis le début

"It's been dandy dear, but we're so glad you're home!!"
"Mom, my room. It's really-"
"I know dear, and we'll help you shop this weekend. You should head upstairs and get some rest."
"Mom? Have you thought about my request?"
"About what request?"
"The request to move out?"

The living room went eerily silent.

"Sweetie, later. It's your first day back. Relax and enjoy it here. We'll discuss this another time."
"B-but-"
"Shoo shoo. Go up to your room. (Pet name) is waiting for you."

She said before escorting me back upstairs and into my 5th grade dream room.

I muttered curses under my breath, pulling my pillow near me and trying to scream, but remembering that my mother has supersonic hearing.

My phone began to ring, the tone from Steven Universe played.

"It's Zane."

I said, picking it up.

"H-hey.. Where did you say you lived again?"
"Hmm... 13673 E. Rivervale street, Scaleswind. Why?"
"Cause.. It's a really long story. I'd prefer to tell you there."
"You want to come over tonight?"
"Can I? I got a hotel, but I would prefer to stay close to you."
"A hotel? Zane what happened?"
"I'll tell you when I come by. Don't worry, I'm fine. Just... Wait."

He hung up, a pit in my stomach forming.

What the fuck happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~

A knock at my door could be heard throughout the house. I raced down, reaching it before my parents and allowing Zane indoors.

"Hey. Now spill."

I said, crossing my arms over my chest in anger. He sighed, shaking his head and sitting on my couch. My family was in the other room preparing dinner, so they didn't catch him coming inside the house.

Thank Irene honestly

"So we were gone for 3 months."
"Mhm.."
"And the newly elected mayor blew up our houses."
"What?!"
"Yep. Kaboom. Everything. Luckily, he's paying us for the damages, but all my stuff is gone and I've got nowhere to go. I was thinking, maybe I could gain your parents trust by staying here.."
"My parents will end your life and mine before they even think about letting you stay here."
"True.. But it's worth a try. You'll be gone doing your job most of the day so I'll be home alone probably helping around."
"Maybe.. Why don't you ask them?"
"And risk my life? You're their daughter. Talk to them!"
"Fine... You're a weenie."

I stuck my tongue out before relocating to the kitchen, breathing in deeply before poking my dad's shoulder.

"Hey! Mom, dad, can I ask you a question?"
"Sweetie we told you-"
"Different question."
"Alright. What is it?"
"My boyfriend's house blew up earlier today, he has nowhere to stay and no more belongings to call his. I want to let him stay with me until he finds another house. Can he do that?"

I asked, expecting them to explode on me.

My mother nodded her head, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Of course. I mean, we barely know this boy, but if he's your choice then he's got to be the best. What's his name?"
"Zane Ro'Meave."
"WHAT?!"

~~~~~~~~

Apparently my mother works at the Ro'Meave corporation, Garte is her boss. She works long hours every day to earn her fair share.

They pay well at that company.

She was impressed that I managed to "get with" the middle child of this elite family.

After I refused the thought of "getting with" anyone, I pulled them to the living room to meet him. My father grunted, but accepted him for a bit.

"We talked on the phone. But he never mentioned his last name."
"He isn't exactly proud of it, but it's his."

I mumbled to my dad, who nodded in reply and turned on the sports channel.

"Well Zane can stay as long as he wants."

Mother said, going back to the kitchen to make dinner. I sighed in immense relief, heading upstairs back to my room for what felt like the 57th time.

"You're parents suddenly like me?"

He asked, stopping in front of my door.

"My mother works at your father's company."
"Oh."

He looked a bit hurt, but instantly perked up laughing at my horrible wallpaper.

"Pfft. Where did you get this from?"

He asked between giggles. My eyes rolled out of my skull, glaring at him.

"From your mother, thank you very much."
"Figures. Only Zianna would chose this color."

He said, flopping back on my bed as I removed my pet.

"You're probably going to be sleeping on the couch, Ro'Meave."
"Maybe so, but on the bright side, I get to stay with you."

He said, smiling at me. His scarf parted ever so slightly so I could see the grin. I replied with my own.

"Yea.. That's the best part."

--------------

Admin Time!!!

OwO how do you like the newest installment?

I'm gonna make it super funny,
fan-servicey, and interesting.

So enjoy it.

This will incorporate The Bigger Move and Lovers Lane into it, so don't worry.

This will be a long book.

It has to be worth it, cause it's leading up to A Wish For Tomorrow.

So I hope you enjoy the novel.

Thanks for Reading :)