"Hey you OK?" Cathy asked worriedly. Adelaide didn't normally lose her temper especially with the customers, she knew something must be up, she had known Adelaide her entire life, after all she was there when Adelaide was brought home for the first time when she was six months old.

*FLASHBACK*

Cathy had a few new cake ideas for the cafe and decided to run them by Mary as she was her partner in the cafe and an expert cook and baker, she chapped and walked through the front door shouting "Hiya only me!" Cathy had went to school with both Mary and Peter and they have been best Friends ever since.

Suddenly as she opened the living-room door she heard a baby? 'Mary and Peter don't have any kids and no one around here has had any kids recently' she thought, as she opened the door fully she was startled by Mary who was holding a baby in her arms with a look that could only be love for this child "And whom do we have here?" Cathy quizzed as she turned her gaze to Peter who wore the same expression on his face.

Mary and Peter just stared at each other as if they had been caught doing something they shouldn't be doing. "Cathy.....ehhmm" Mary started but was interrupted by Peter, who came beside his wife, looked at her and said "You better sit down, this is a long story.

It emerged that Mary and Peter had been driving home from a holiday at a golf and spa break in England, they where nearly home when suddenly a woman who looked early twenties jumped in front of the car causing Peter to slam his brakes on narrowly missing the women, not that it made any difference looking at her.

She had a huge dark gash on her side with blood pouring from the gaping wound, her eyes showed panic as well as pain as they both got out and started to walk towards her "Help me!" She shouted at them.

"Calm down dear, we have to get you to hospital right now" Mary said slowly trying to calm her down." What happened to you, it looks like you have been mauled by an animal?" Peter stated as he bent down to study the gash on her side.

"Look I don't have long left before they find me....Here" She whispered and grabbed what looked like a sack of flour in the dimming light "Please take her, I can't protect her anymore, if she is found they will kill her" she pleaded. "Her?" Mary frowned then took another look at the sack that was moving and before they had time to answer she ran back through the woods the way she came and disappeared within seconds.

Mary and Peter had no choice, they had to take the child home with them then decide what to do with her later. But in the short journey back home, once they pulled the sack down to reveal the child, they noticed her beautiful bright blue eyes and fell instantly in love with her.

Mary unfortunately was one of those women who just couldn't conceive children, it had been something they had both wanted and although she told Peter countless times to leave her and find himself another women who could give him what he deserved, Peter stuck with her telling her that she was the only women for him.

Now they had a huge decision to make, keep the baby and bring her up as their own or hand her over to the authorities and in turn maybe she will end up back in the hands of the people who wanted her dead.

It was decided that night that Mary and Peter would take over as parents for this small child that by the looks of her was only about six months old and Cathy agreed to keep the secret as long as she became the child's Godmother. So that night she was given the name Adelaide after Mary's Mother.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Cathy looked at Adelaide with renewed fondness and thought about just how good a job they had done at bringing her up, she was kind, respectful and always took so much pride in whatever she was doing....until a few minutes ago.

Cathy sat down next to Adelaide "You know you can tell me anything?" She said placing her arm round her shoulder.

"I know, I am just tired that's all, I haven't been sleeping that well recently" She replied with a forced smile "Yeah your mum was telling me about those dreams you have being having" Cathy whispered remembering the cafe was still pretty full. "She told you!" Adelaide said shocked. "Yip, just remember your mum is my best Friend and we tell each other everything" Cathy chuckled quietly remembering some of the antics Adelaide had got up to when she was little. Adelaide just groaned and threw her head down on the table and wrapped her arms round her head.

"Cheer up, remember it's only a dream, I am sure they will pass sooner or later" Cathy said cheerily before standing up and patting her on the back an returned to serve a new set of customers that had just walked through the door.

Once Adelaide had finished her shift, she helped Cathy lock up "You want a lift home?" Cathy asked. The dark nights were now completely here, she looked to the dark forest she had to walk through to reach her house. "Nah, I will be fine...the fresh air might do me some good" Adelaide replied zipping up her jacket and shoving her hands in the pockets "Anyway it might help me sleep tonight" she smiled before starting her fifteen minute walk through the woods.

The dark never bothered her, she could see perfectly well even without the need for a torch, although she carried a pocket one just for show. About five minutes into the walk she felt really uneasy as if she was been watched, 'maybe a doctor could prescribe me something to help me relax...stupid dreams freaking me out!' Adelaide thought cross at herself for being so stupid.