Chapter Six: Kitten

Six

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Beeping is what awoke me at 6 on this terrible Tuesday.

I shut off my alarm and crawled into the shower, the warm water helping to rinse sleep from my emerald eyes.

I wasn't looking forward to school today.

As much as I like my new friends they are a little too peppy for me.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

I curled my long black waves till they were in perfect ringlets and did catlike eyeliner to accentuate my golden eyes.

I wore black and white Aztec leggings underneath my turquoise strapless dress that only came mid-thigh, the bottom looked like a skater skirt while the top hugged my bust.

My black combat boots with gold studs matched the leather jacket I shrugged onto my shoulders.

I still had a good twenty minutes until I had to make the drive to the horrendous building so I walked downstairs to make myself breakfast.

My mum was standing by the stove with a spatula in one hand and her other held her silky blue robe to her body.

Her honey blonde hair was in a messy braid, part of it falling on the tan skin of her neck.

I was the complete opposite of my mother.

If it wasn't for my fathers looks I would be sure I was adopted.

Her stick straight blonde hair was a huge contrast to my raven coloured waves, her baby blue eyes sparkled like my amber orbs but that was the only similarity, my skin was like smooth porcelain and hers almost like leather, the one thing I did get from mum was my body.

My bust was slightly bigger than most girls my age and my hips curved out giving me an hourglass figure, my dads long legs made me tall, but most people were still taller than me.

"Good morning mum." I leaned over and gave her a kiss on her cheek, careful not to surprise her.

"Good morning sweetie pie, how did you sleep?" She continued to scrambled eggs in her pan as she talked to me.

"Fine, how was your date with Bradley?" I asked as I poured coffee into my travel mug for my drive.

"His name is Ben. He is a very nice man, we went to dinner at Olive Garden and then we went back to his apartment." I could tell she had to cut out the details for me, she knows I don't listen to more than two sentences that come out of her mouth.

"That's great mum. I'm glad you had a good time." I was genuinely happy for her though, after all that she's been through the past couple years she deserves to be happy.

"So did whoever was sending you messages stop?" She handed me a bagel filled with cream cheese and five dollars for lunch.

"Yeah, I think it was one of my new friends messing with me." I lied bluntly to her face as I grabbed my mug and backpack ready to head out the door.

"That's a relief, tell them to knock it off. You had me scared." She pulled me into a hug before sending me on my way.

When I hopped into my car my phone buzzed in my bag, I could see the light glowing out of the top.

1 new message

Oh boy, I mentally prepared myself as I slid my finger across the horribly cracked screen.