Chapter 2

*Gryphon's POV*

As soon as I step onto the school premises I feel a great amount of power embedded in the school. Or someone in the school. Power I have never experienced. My hands shake in anticipation.

I breathe in deeply and search for the possessor of the aura of power.

The hallways were wide but were still packed full of kids. The lockers were dull and gray, with many scratches from the years of use.

All the sudden a petite girl stands in front of me. "Hi." She squeaks as her friends in the corner giggle. "I'm Cassidy. Are you new or a badass from a different school?" She winks flipping her light chestnut colored hair with her manicured nails.

"New." I grunt.

She giggles slightly and bashes her eyelashes.

"So I'll see you around then?" Her jfriends giggle loudly in the corner.

"I-I guess so...?" 

"Excuse me." A woman of obvious importance steps in front of me. "But what exactly are you doing here?"

"I'm new and I got lost ma’am." I partially lied. "Can you show me where the office is?"

"Oh you must be Gryphon!" She exclaims. "I'm Mrs. Grinch. Let me show you the way."

She motions me to follow her and I do. Each passing hallway the aura gets stronger. Where is it coming from?

The woman leads me to a door that had the words "The Office" printed on the front. Man she must think I'm an idiot.

I open the door and almost pass out with all the power in this room. I look around and see a girl, waiting alone in one of the chairs. One look at her and I can tell the powers were hers. My eyes widen as I realize that she isn’t twelve, like every other new student, but she’s sixteen.

*Serena's POV*

My hands are shaking nervously as I wait for the new guy to walk in the door. It seems like forever until I hear the door click open.

A guy with sandy blonde hair and electric blue eyes walks in he looks around wildly, like he was looking for something. His gaze finally landed on mine. His eyes widen but covers it up with a grin, his white teeth showing. This must be the new kid.

I almost glare at him but that was when I saw Mrs. Grinch standing in the doorway, her eyes bearing into mine. Her eyes tell me all. She wants me greet him. I internally groan.

I stand up quickly and take out my hand. "Hi. You must be the new guy. I'm Serena, I'll be showing you around if you don't mind." I smile brightly. Even though I may not want to do this, doesn't mean that I have to be grumpy about it.

Hi smile widens as he takes my hand "Gryphon." I nod.

"I see you're all set." I turn to see Mrs. Grinch. She pivots to me "Serena I trust you to show him the ropes."

I nod again, not sure what to say. She walks out, leaving me and Gryphon alone.

"Do you have your schedule?" I huff.

He shakes his head and I groan. "Hold on."

I walk into the secretary's office with a fake smile on my face.

Miss Henson was a young, bouncy secretary at her first year here. To me, she was just a little too peppy. She was 27 but looked to be 21. Her long blonde, almost white hair shone in the sunlight, making her green eyes glow. She had an hourglass figure that was always complimented by the sundresses she wore. As always, she was oblivious to how many seniors "wanted" her.