Chapter 4

Hey! Sorry if this chapter is a little short.... hehe....

This chapter is dedicated to @silverlynx for motivating me to write more!

*Gryphon's POV*

Serena was still out when Mason got here. He raced into the house, his face red with anger. I smile to myself. He cares so much about someone he doesn’t know.

“Is she okay?” He says between breaths.

“Yeah, probably just some bruises.” He nods.

“So what are we gonna do ‘bout that bastard.” He kicks Serena’s dad with his toe. He is lying face down and his face is being squished into the plush carpet.

I shrug. “I don’t know, but let’s get Serena out of here.” Mason turns to Serena his eyes widen in surprise.

“Dude, you didn’t tell me she is beautiful.” I laugh at his sudden interest.

“Come on, let’s go.” He picks her up bridal style and we walk out. Outside, I turn and stare at the two story house. Actually, it was more like a two story shack. The blue shingles were faded and the white paint almost looked yellow. The porch was covered in crap. When I looked closer I saw it was old girl clothes, shoes, toys and other stuff. They were obviously Serena's. It looked like at one point someone did care for her. I didn’t notice how long I was starring until Mason suddenly came out of the house with a duffel bag.

“When did you go back into the house?” I asked confused at how the time passed so quickly.

Mason chuckled at me and shoved the duffel bag into the back of my mustang. It was black and shined in the sunlight. To be honest, it was my baby. I loved it more than anything. Except maybe Robin. I smiled at her name. I already missed my fiery red head. But my stomach also churned with guilt. I kissed someone else. God, I'm such an idiot.

“Are you thinking ‘bout Robin?” Mason nudged my shoulder, wiggling his eyebrows. I laugh and smile brightly at him.

“Maybe.” I grin and wink.

“She really misses you, ya know.” He sighs. “I wish I had something like you guys.” I nod. What Robby and I have is special.

“Wait,” He says suddenly “Did Serena see your-“

I shake my head. “She was passed out by then.”

“When are gonna tell her?” He asked, turning towards me slightly.

I sigh. I was hoping to avoid this. “I don’t know man, it’s like she knows nothing. And don’t you think its odd that she’s seventeen? She defiantly should've shown some sign, but it’s like… like something is blocking her power. The power…” I pause. “It’s defiantly there. I almost passed out from it. B-But if it were that powerful, she would defiantly have signs.” I shake my head. “I just don’t get it…”

I hear a groan and I turn sharply. Mason looks back too, but turns his eyes back on the road. It was Serena, who was waking up.

“Gryphon…?” She squeaks.

*Serena's POV*

It was black. Just black. Nothing special. Did I pass out?

Suddenly the world becomes bright again. The room I was in was small. It had yellow walls. It was obviously a kitchen. There was a sink, washing machine and a small counter at which a little girl, who looks about 4, with black hair and eyes like mine.

She was painting with little fingers on a piece of paper. Paint was all over the beautiful white marble counter. The little girl giggled as she played with the liquid colors.

“Rena!” I hear a voice call. “Rena where are you baby!”

“Here daddy!” She calls out. My heart pangs as I hear her call out to her dad. I remember nothing of my dad. My mom never told me what happened to him. She told me never to talk about him. The only thing I had left of him was a locket my mom doesn’t know I have. My hands automatically move to my neck only to find it empty. I look down in search of it. I cannot lose it.

The door into the kitchen bangs open. I stare at the man in the doorway. He was tall, with a good build. He had black, curly hair and he smiled at his daughter, who barley reached above his knees. But what struck me were his eyes. They were a bright purple.

“Rena!” He picks up the little girl and carries her on his hip. “Look, baby, I have something for you. But, I need you to listen to daddy carefully.” She nods, excited for a present.

He pulls out a locket. My locket. I stare, incredibly, as I watch the scene unfold.

The little girl squeals and hugs her dad. “It really pretty daddy.”  

“Now, Rena you need to listen. Never, and I mean never, take this off ok? It will protect you from harm, from my life. Can you promise me not to take it off?”

The girl nods. “I promise.” His face saddens as he hands her the locket.

“I love you and I'm sorry for what I will put you through darling.” He says in a voice full of pain. “I'm sorry if you forget.”

The girls face twists into confusion. “What do ya mean daddy?” She asked.

He sighs. “It’s nothing baby.”

I watch as the scene changes and shifts. Suddenly we are in a dark room with now windows. The walls were steel. The only light was a flickering light on the dull ceiling. The girl was there again, but she looked different. Tear stained her pale face. She looked like she hadn’t bathed in a couple weeks. She was shaking and looked malnourished. I just wanted to run up and hold, tell her it was okay.

The door on the far right clicks open and a man walks in. You couldn’t see much of him since he was in the shadows.

“Tell me girl, what do you know?” He growled.

The girl looked up and shook her head. “Where is my daddy?” She cried out, her voice cracking.

“They told me not to tell you this but, he's dead. Gone. You will never see him again.” He says bluntly. I watch as he glares at the girl, who started bawling.

“Shu’up, brat.” He growls. Quick as lightning his hand shoots out and slaps her. I growl. Literally growl. What the hell was this guy’s problem? She stops bawling but I see silent tears ink her face.

Suddenly, she stands up and looks into this mans eyes. “Where. Is. My. Dad?”

“I told you!” The man shouts. “Dead! He's dead!”

“You’re lying!” She screeches.

“You don’t deserve a father you witch!” He yells before he lifts his hand to slap  her again. Before he can, the scene is back to black.

What the hell was that? My mnd keeps going back the that girl’s father. His eyes, his eyes struck me.

Then I realized.

That man, with the violet eys, was my father.

And that girl? The one that was givin the locket, was hit and persuaded by that horrible man? 

That girl was me.