Chapter 10

Um. 

I'm a little late. 

Well... really late. Its been what? 2 months? 

SORRY!!!!! School has started and I really cant juggle Wattpad, homework, after school activities, exercise, and preparing for school. Plus occaisional family things. I can barely handle four of those things. But hopefully next week will get better because I'm getting my own computer!! (btw this is my mom's laptop) Even though the laptop is owned by the school I go to, its still mine and I'll be able to go on it anytime I want, even those late night updates!!!

I think I will try to update every friday, because I have little or no homework :). I will also be updating a lot because in Novemeber (even though thats two months from now) there is this thing called National Novel Writing Month (also known NaNoWriMo; comment if you know about it and do it!) and for the whole 31 days of November I will write a story and try to get to my goal for how many words I want to write in those 31 days. This year I dont know what my goal is, but it will probably be around 25,000 words. I'm planning on doing this story for it, so be especting some updates arounf then. 

Have an AWESOME time reading...

*drumroll*

CHAPTER 10 

*dun dun dun*

*Gryphon's POV*

Ok, so not exactly how I pictured she would find out. But at least she found out … right? Ugh it feels like the past few days I have been in a constant battle with myself. And now, as I stare at her blank face, I'm deciding if it was a good idea to tell her so soon. She didn’t even know what she was; much less that she has a scholarship to Luca Elemental Witchcraft and Wizardry Academy.

Did dad know that I was supposed to be finding and bringing John-Luke and Emily Hope’s daughter? John Luke was known all over the wizarding world. He was from a long line of powerful wizards that had either taken over or saved everyone. Only certain children get the incredible power that the family genes pass down and other siblings with get normal witch and wizard powers. The holder of the Hope family power is born with bright purple eyes. John Luke got them instead of his older brother, causing to become jealous, so at the age of 19, when John Luke was only 16, he challenged John Luke to a veneficus-proelium, which means wizard battle in Latin. If you win a veneficus-proelium, you get the power from your opponent.  John Luke won and Harry, his brother, went into hiding. Dad obviously knew them. He was so gonna get it.

I turn to a frozen Serena. She was staring off into space, lost in her own world. This was the reaction I expected most.  Her brain can’t process and her mind reels. It’s a little hard for me to understand, because my whole life has been wizardry. My mom and dad were both wizards and had witch and wizard friends. I grew up in the wizard world. My dad was principle and headmaster of the school. How could I possibly not know? Ever since I could crawl I have known. I knew from age 5 that I would be going to LEWWA on a full scholarship.

I put my hand on her shoulder, in a comforting matter. Her gaze shifts over to me momentarily before it moves over to her mom.

“How could you keep me in the dark?” She spat. “I'm your daughter; don’t you want the best for me? What about dad? He's somewhere out there and I thought he died. I bet he really appreciated that!”

“Honey of course I want the best for you! That’s why I didn’t tell you. There are people out there who want the Hope family line to fall and will do anything have it happen! I can’t lose my baby girl!”

You want the best for me? Where was that when I was being beaten and pushed around by your husband and all of my classmates! Where was that when I stopped eating or when I had lunch in the janitor’s closet, if I even had it! That’s right, it wasn’t there! You’re just a cold hearted woman who only cares for herself and getting her ass drunk every night! Finally I can make something of myself and you ruin it again!” She screams before running off, slamming the door behind her. I give her mom one last apologetic look, before chasing after her.

*Serena’s POV*

Tears fall onto my sweatpants and shirt as I slouch against the tree. A freakin’ witch? I expected something a little less… crazy! Sobs rack my body as I hear soft footsteps heading my way.

“Serena-“

“Don’t.” Get yourself together! You are a damn witch. Witches don’t cry!

I wipe the tears from my eyes, “I'm going to go pack and then we can go ok? I don’t care what she or anyone says. I'm leaving and I'm going to make someone proud.” I state as I slowly rise up from the soil. I wipe the dirt off my sweatpants and grab Gryphon's hand. “Come on, you can help.” He smiles slightly as I pull him to the house.

As we walk in, I hear my mom’s sobs from the living room and my heart twists with guilt. I probably shouldn’t have said those harsh words, she was just protecting me. But all the wrong ways my mind steams.  I try my hardest not to run to her and say sorry, but I eventually make my way up the stairs. I open the creaky door as I lead Gryphon in. It probably wasn’t the best bedroom, with plain beige walls and plain white carpets. My neatly made bed sat under the window in middle of the room facing the door we were standing at now. A small closet was on the left wall that held all the clothes I never wore. A dresser was across the closet, on the right wall. Next to the door was a white desk that piled high with my books, notebooks and pencils.

I grab a duffel bag from under my bed and put it on the bed. I search through my dresser, shoving all of my sweatpants and T-shirts into the suitcase, not trying to be neat. I just want to get out.

“Why don’t you wear these?” I hear Gryphon's voice from across the room. I turn my head to see him going through my closet. The thought of those clothes almost bring tears to my eyes.

I swallow the large lump in my throat before answering. “I, um, had a friend, April, and um,” I swallow again, but the lump doesn’t leave. “She always had a different look on fashion. Kinda like a fashionista. Some of those she bought for me to wear while the others she… gave to me.” Gryphon doesn’t face me so he can’t see my depressed facial expression.

“Why’d she give them to you?” He asked. I know he was only curious, and didn’t mean to make me morose, but I couldn’t the continue of sobs. I'm really crying today aren’t I? Jeez emotional.

“S-She had cancer and wrote to me in her will. She said ‘Fashion may not live without me, but you can.’” I hollowly laugh. It might have been funny for her to write, but it wasn’t really funny now.

“Oh my god, Serena I-“

I shake my head and try to calm down my cries. “It’s ok. I-I’ll get over it eventually.” I sigh and shift back to my hunched over position, taking out clothes and hiding the tears. I hear the clacks of plastic coat hangers, and turn to see Gryphon taking out a wheeled suitcase and placing April’s clothes neatly into it.

“What are you doing?” I question.

“You need to remember your good friend. She is a part of you, whether she's in this world or not.” He answers, shrugging.

I flash him a small, grateful smile. “Thank you.” I whisper.  

Purple Eyesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें