Chapter 20

Ok, so as I explained in the pervious Chapter, Chapter 19 is now Chapter 20 and Chapter 20 is now 21!!

Hey, do you like tea?

Just a question.

Anyway, I have uploaded TWO chappies this week yay! I love you guys!! I'm sorry if I sometimes miss an update date, oops :0

Hope you guys love it!!

WOOOOOOOOO

CHAPTER 19 BABEH

BAI I LUUURVE YOU

*Serena’s POV*

Finally, I had been at this school for a month and the news about me and my element had soon vanished from the top gossip subject. If anything though, my life was hectic, with or without the rumors. Gryphon wouldn't talk to me about my elements and I think I was slowly losing them. My flame was a small flicker, like a candles. I had never tried earth or air and was too afraid to even try. Even my water wasn't as good, which was the only one I practiced. I was drained and my head was constantly pounding. I didn't try to fight with Robin or Ella about what I would war in the morning and eventually, noticing my odd dispatch from the world, didn't bother anymore. My grades were slipping drastically, and even though it was only my first month, my life here was crumbling.

Honestly, I felt like I was slowly slipping away from everything. I didn't talk to really anyone more, except for Cory,  and only mumbled a “I don't know” whenever a teacher asked a question, whether I knew it or not. No one seemed to see through my happy-ish front I put on and I felt utterly alone.

The only clarity I had was forming a water bubble, or an ice shard. My head would clear of all problems and a real smile would blossom on my face. I could never tell when I was grinning, but Cory would tell me so.

He was my only friend really, seeing as I was slipping away from everyone else. He knew everything about me, except my extra elements. Even though I could really tell anyone I want and Gryphon couldn't control me, the frightening tone and worried look made me keep the secret. No only that, but I might lose my friend in the process.

“Hey.” I mumble, closing the wooden dorm door behind me. I had just gotten back from practising my element and skipped dinner, like most nights. My tummy rumbled at my thoughts of the pasta they were serving today, but pushed it away.

Robin glanced up from her magazine, peering at me with pinched eyebrows. “Are you ok?” I sigh, my shoulders sagging. I was asked this every night and even though I appreciate the effort to communicate with me.

“I’m fine.” I say, same as always. Robin shakes her head at me, sitting up on her purple bed sheet.

“No,” She says sternly, her blue eyes narrowing, and lips pursing, “you're not. Tell me.” She pats the space beside her. Looking around the room, I timidly walk over and sit down on the edge of the bed. She rolls her eyes at my reluctance, but turns to face me anyway.

“I'm not the best at reading people, thats Ella, but there is something going on, everyone can tell.”

Placing her hands on her lap, we sit in silence. She really wants to know doesn't she? I don't give in immediately, but soon I'm opening my mouth to speak.

“There is. It's about Gryphon and me. But, uh before I tell you this, you must not tell anyone ok?”

She nods, yets I still  feel unsure. “You have to swear on your life.” Her eyes widen a bit but I continue. “Tell no one.”

“O-Ok?” It comes out more like a question, but I take it to heart.

Taking out my hand from my crossed arms, I hold it up, like I have been doing. Robin glances at me curiously before sitting back, knowing full well that I'm about to use my element. Or at least, whatever element she thinks I have.

Concentrating in my head of a little flame. I close my eyes softly, imaging a little candle, flickering in the darkness.

Again, a warmth travels through my body, filling my body with small heat, comforting it. This had been the first time this week that I had tried to use my fire abilities. Like before a buzz begins, filling me with bliss.

“Serena,” Robin interrupts, the buzz and happiness gone which earns her a small glare from me, “if you're gonna show me your water element then-”

I pause her with the raise of a calm hand, before again focusing on my palm. Promptly after, my hand puffs out a blaze. It was small, like the ones I have done before, but when I close my eyes, I feel it glow a little brighter.

But as quickly as it came, I whisked it away, the ultimate fear of Robins reject of me swallowing me whole. I open my squeezed eyes to see a shell shocked Robin, who was staring at my hand like it was some foreign object.

“Ho-How did you...” Lifting her gaze she stares at me, her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

“I’m supposedly a Fourth Potentem, or Fourth Powerful.  have known for a month now, since my second day here actually.” I shrug, like it was no big deal, yet I knew I was fooling no one with my façade.

“What does Gryphon have to do with this?” She ordered, her eyes narrowing alarmingly.

“H-He found out and t-told me to tell no one but it's been destroying me and I didn't know you would get this angry and...” I stumble over my words, scooting back and feeling a feeling I haven't felt here ever. Fear. Robin was heated and for once I was scared. Would she hit me? Would she make me leave? For a month these thoughts have not entered my head and now, here I am, already planning my funeral. I didn't want to be scared, I couldn't anymore! But something about her posture, her hands clenched and the pinched look she had, I was frightened by someone who should be my friend. I suddenly felt claustrophobic and I felt the world close around me, clawing to grab me, by the ankles, by the wrists, anyway to pull me into the depths of hell.

Without a second thought, I raced out of the room, ripping open the door. I lurch forward, only to be stopped by Cory, who was oddly standing by me door. I race into his arms, feeling the comfort and warmth surround me as he warily wraps his arms around me.

“Please,” I whisper, my voice hoarse and rigid, “can we go?”

“O-Of course.” Unusual from his cheeriness, his voice sounds sad, yet almost excited. As much as i want to question his behavior, I choose to ignore it and focus on my clinging fear.

Swiftly, he picks me into his arms, bringing me closer to him, to the library, which is my sanctuary.

As I drift off in the comfort of my best friends arms, I hear him quietly mumble. “He will need to know this.”