Preparation

(Hi readers! Sorry this is a short chapter, I promise the one I upload tomorrow will be longer, action packed, and a lot of more fun! Stay tuned!)
*****

"Alright, now all you have to do is take off the safety, cock it and shoot." Frost explained to Leyla as she gripped on a gun Joker had given her.

Johnny Frost was tall, mysterious, and Jokers right hand. He was the one joker went to for anything. If anyone had to hear a single inquiry from the clown prince, frost was the man. Not only was he able to follow orders verbatim, but his timing was impeccable. He had never failed. Not in the slightest.

Joker kept him close. And that's why he had trusted him to Leyla. Joker was present, watching Leyla hold the gun and take aim at a target on one of the trees. She was fearless, she loved holding the deadly object in her hand.

The "backyard" of the massive home was quite woodsy, perfect for shooting trees and training on any mode of combat.

Leyla shot at a target, the bullet hitting the target dead on. She shot again at a different target, producing the same result. With each shot, jokers grin widened.

Nevermind her beauty

Nevermind her beauty. She looked radiant and confident holding the gun, so in control. He licked his lips imagining all the heists they would pull together.

"That's enough," Joker spoke up walking towards them. "We're done for the day. Thank you Jonny." Joker smiled genuinely at frost, who started cleaning up the guns and bullets, putting them away. Joker walked alongside Leyla towards the home.

"I like what I saw doll," he said, twirling his cane around in his hand. He peered at her and grinned, causing her to look at him as well and give a small smile.

"I loved it. I felt like I was in control. I loved that feeling." She said as she resumed walking, looking dreamily to the sky.

"That feeling, my dear, is power. And you and I can have an immense amount of it." He said as he turned to look at her.

"That's why tonight, you and I are gonna pay a surprise visit to Gotham," he said

"That's why tonight, you and I are gonna pay a surprise visit to Gotham," he said. He wasn't smiling or playful like he had been.

He had a mission.

"We're going back? It's over?" She asked.

He let out a loud laugh, throwing his head back in the process.

"Oh you amuse me Leyla," he purred as he cupped her cheek

"Oh you amuse me Leyla," he purred as he cupped her cheek. "No. we will be going to my turf. My club. I've heard they've made some...changes, to it. That won't do," he said as he clicked his tongue. He proceeded to walk further towards the home, leaving Leyla confused and taking large strides to get to him.

"Come," he said as he held out his hand towards her, "let's get you ready for the...occasion," he said as he chuckled to himself. She took his hand reluctantly and walked up the staircase.