The Surprises

Drew's POV:

"Baby! I'm home!" I called from the door. I was completely exhausted, and the only thing on my mind was cuddling with my wife and kids.

"I really wanna know why you think it's okay to scream. Like we don't have two children who wake up easily..." Darai snapped, coming around the corner. 

Darai looked completely exhausted, and worn out. Her hair was in a messy ponytail, and she had bags under her eyes. 

"Oh

"Oh... I'm sorry baby. How was your day? Were the kids good?" I whispered.

"Fine. Perfectly fine. They were not a hassle. I'm just tired." She responded.

I looked at her, and gave her a hug. For some reason, I felt like she needed one. She's been with the kids by herself for a week, and I wish I could stay home more often to help her out. 

"I wish I can be home more to help. I feel like I'm not doing enough..." I mumbled in her hair.

Darai chuckled and looked up at me. "It's been a freaking week, dude."

I sighed. I did only start work this week. That didnt mean I didnt miss my family. I wanted to always be home and be with them. They meant so much to me.

I let go and pulled Darai with me upstairs to our room.

"Baby... I know, but I miss you guys so much. I think I have like seperation anxiety from you guys." I defended myself.

Darai only laughed and went to lay in the bed. I crawled over to lay next to her, wrapping her in my embrace.

"You're so obsessed with us it's so annoying," She started. "We are fine. F-I-N-E." 

I chuckled and hugged her tighter. I cannot help it if I want to be with my family all the time. The children are so little, and I want to see them grow every second.

In the middle of our cuddling session, our babies started crying. We both immediately got to our feet and rushed to the nursery. Deion and Damisi were wailing and screaming their healthy lungs out. Darai quickly went over to Deion, while I picked Damisi up.

"What is the matter, pumpkin?" I cooed to Damisi. She just stared at me with her wide, teary eyes.

After a few moments of rocking her, I discovered the reason for her sadness. She went number two in her diaper.

"Really, Misi? You did this to daddy on purpose." I chuckled and brought her over to the changing station.

Surprisingly, Damisi allowed me to change her diaper with no issues at all. She nice, clean, and now ready to eat. Too bad for her, Deion beat her to it.

After Darai finished feeding Deion, we switched babies while she fed Damisi. I burped and changed Deion. 30 minutes later, and the babies were back to sleep.