Life imitates art

That night I couldn't sleep- different thoughts overwhelmed my small mind. Tomorrow I would confront Diane, Ezra's mum, and see my daughter for the first time since I gave birth to her- I felt scared, excited and angry, all at the same time.
I couldn't blame Ezra, since he didn't know about Diane getting to have custody over our daughter.
I picked up a little lime green diary I got for my 16th birthday, 5 years ago. I grasped at a black fountain pen and began writing my thoughts. I couldn't resort to my parents. They wouldn't understand. And the last people I wanted to talk to this about were the girls. They would just over react and mumble under there breath when Im not looking. I looked up at the white ceiling, then sighed.
**
I scavenged through my drawers and dressers. I couldn't find it anywhere. Where the hell has it gone?! I thought - I only had it yesterday, then I carefully placed it back in the bottom draw of my drawer. Now it was gone.
But then, there it was. In the corner of my eye. There was the book that Ezra gave to me years ago. But how had it gotten there? I remember precisely putting it back in my drawer. I shrugged it off and opened the front cover. There was the message, written in black Biro pen. I smiled to myself as flipped through the pages. I'd lost count of how many times I'd scanned through this book. It was by far my favourite. Even if I didn't fully get the storyline. The reason I loved it was the fact that Ezra gave it to me.
Then, suddenly, I caught a glimpse of another message at the book that I'd never recalled seeing before. Sure enough, it was Ezra's handwriting. It read 'Life imitates art. I love you'.
I felt a tear run down my face, burning my eyes. I stroked the page , then set it down on my bedside table, under a scented candle.
**
The horrible tune of my alarm set off at 7am. I hadn't remembered why I set my alarm. It was Saturday.
Suddenly, my phone started vibrating violently. Emily was calling me. I declined the call and sighed. I strolled out of my bedroom and set foot into the kitchen downstairs. I poured a bowl of cornflakes and a glass of fresh orange juice. I sipped the orange juice and stared out of the window.
"Hey honey." My mother called as she joined me in the kitchen.
"Mum can you help me with something?"
"Sure. What do you need?"
"Well...nothing,nothing." I replied, biting my nails.
That was a lie. I need help on what to do with Ezra. And I needed help on how to confront Diane. I needed help with anything. Diane. The name popped into my mind. "Mum, I have to go." I said, grabbing my handbag. I'd fell asleep in jeans and a t-shirt, so I didn't need to get changed. Well, I did, but I couldn't be bothered. Today was going to be a long day.