Chapter Eight: Daring Stranger

Magsimula sa umpisa

Max was wearing an oversized jacket again and he held a scowl on his face. He wasn't looking towards their direction. His head was facing to the right side as if he found something more interesting to look at. Dylan couldn't shake the feeling that he knew max or at least like he met him once before.

"We should go-" Mikhail said and grabbed onto Dan's hand as he was about to make a run for it.

"Go where?" Nico asked with a small grin as he stood with such confidence. Dylan had to admit that he was a very good looking guy. Unlike Max, Nico wore clothes that fit him perfectly. He came out of his thoughts as Nico looked at Dylan's arms wrapped around Mikhail and then at Dylan's eyes.

Feeling intimidated, he let go and coughed softly, "We should talk inside. It's freezing outside." He could hear Seraphina on the other side talking softly with Dan. He couldn't make out what she was saying but he figured Seraphina didn't look like a bad influence so he wouldn't step in. Sure, she was comfortable as hell in her body but that didn't make her a bad person.

They walked inside with Seraphina and Dan flirting. Mikhail turned down everything Nico told him. It looked like they were having a small fight, but Dylan knew Mikhail better. He turned around as everyone stepped inside the mall and saw Max talking to some guy smoking outside. He was standing provocatively over the man's leg. The guy placed his hand over Max's cheeks and started going down slowly.

Dylan looked closely and disgust was evident behind Max's smirking stare. feeling disgusted by the scene in front of him, he ran over as quick as he could. The man's hand was reaching Max's lower back as Dylan grabbed onto Max and pulled him back against his chest. He put a protective arm over his shoulder and across Max's chest.

"Hey! What are you-" Max yelled out but stopped as he saw Dylan's arm around him.

"Why don't you go somewhere else before I call the cops." Dylan said holding his ground. He was a decent fighter so he figured if things came down to it then he would be able to at least protect Max.

"We were just having a bit of fun, is all." The man said leaning back as he puffed out air from his mouth. "Why don't you get lost, huh? Don't tell me you got feelings for the little whore?"

Dylan felt Max tense up under his arm. Dylan looked at the man and said, "Seriously, get lost. He's a minor, you disgusting old man. Is this really worth going to jail for?" He asked as the man dropped his cigarette in shock and stood up in a panic.

"Hey. You said you were eighteen." He directed it to Max.

Max just shrugged and said, "You wouldn't have paid for me otherwise."

"Damn straight I wouldn't have." He told Max. He looked at Dylan and said, "Hey, we didn't do nothin' so there's no need to call the cops, okay?"

"Get out of here before I decide to call them." Dylan said. The man nodded as he grabbed his things and ran off into the parking lot in a hurry. "What were you thinking?" He asked looking down at Max as he kept his hold on him.

"Let go of me!" He shoved out of Dylan's arms. "What the fuck were you thinking?!" He shouted at him. "That dirty man would have paid better than my usual price!"

"Price? Do you-"

"Yes, I sell myself. Jeez, you're a dumbass." He said in irritation.

Dylan kind of froze in his spot hearing that such a young kid could be selling his body. At first, it was genuine shock and then grew into anger. "Why the hell would you sell your body! Don't you know of the dangers! They could have some disease!"

"I'm not sure if you're aware of this yet, but that's why they made condoms for a reason."

Dylan grabbed onto his shoulders and looked into his eyes fiercely, "Stop doing that. You don't need to resort to something so filthy."

Dylan thought he saw his eyes soften but before he knew it, Max was back. "Don't fucking touch me so casually. Unless, you're willing to buy me." He said anger in his voice and face.

"Sorry, I won't touch you again but do your parents know-"

"Stop concerning yourself with my life. You're just some stranger to me. Don't come talk to me again. I hate guys like you the most." He said and walked off into the mall. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and stepped inside the mall.

Dylan watched with shock as max disappeared inside. He suddenly wanted to know more about Max.

Why he was selling himself. Did the others know? Did it ever get dangerous?

He wanted to know more yet he felt sick even thinking about it. He couldn't believe a kid was even capable of such things. He wondered if his parents knew what he was doing or not.

He wanted to help Max. To build his confidence up and convince him that selling his own body was not right. He wanted to be the one to fix the poor kid.