A New Sword

I found my way to the court yard. Liam was practicing. He had taken of his jacket and was wearing a muscle shirt. His fists were flying at the dummies that we set up. It only took one punch to the dummy's chest to break the pole they were hoisted on. And the poles were metal.

"Wow," I whispered. Liam chuckled.

"It's nothing compared to what you did to that wall," Liam said turning to look at me. He wore a smirk. I smile back.

"Yeah I guess I'm strong but still I don't think I've dented metal before," I said.

"You probably could with that raw ability," Liam said. "Do you want to spar? If so what kind of spar, marshal arts, or swords?"

"Well if possible could we do both, but I still don't have a sword," I said. As if on cue, I hear footsteps running towards us.

"Queen Astaya!" Called out a female voice. I pivot around to see Clover the blacksmith. She waved her hand to me. Clover had a look of happiness and relief. She had finally made it over to us. When she stopped she began to breath heavily. "I finished your sword," she panted. In her hand was the sword she was designing for me. She held it out to me. It looked just like the blue prints.

"It's amazing Clover!" I said taking it. She smiled big.

"Thanks, sorry it took longer then I thought. But I had to make it strong so you don't have a broken blade at the beginning of a battle," she said.

"No need to say sorry, it's perfect," I said. With a huge rush of happiness, I gave Clover a hug. She seemed shocked at first, but she eventually gave in. After a while we parted.

"Thanks again Clover. Without your great work, I'd still be utterly useless," I said laughing. "King Zack will be delighted to have a great blacksmith on his team, such as yourself." Clover blushed.

"Do you really think he'd want me on his team?" She asks.

"Without a doubt," I said. She smiled once again.

"Thank you your highness," she said. "Now I really must be getting back to my shop." Bowing to us, she runs off again. I smile widely at my sword.

"Ahem," Liam said. "Wanna try it out?"

I put the sword down on the ground nearby. "Nah, I want to save it if Dante shows his face again," I said. "But for now, I'll just use my fists." Liam smirked.

"Alright then, no promises that I'll go easy on you," Liam said getting into his fighting stance. "I have a new trick I've been dying to try out."

"Do your worst. I'm not holding back either," I said getting ready as well. "Do you want to add some magic to this fight?"

"Why not? It'll make things more interesting," Liam said as his smirk grew.

"Can you use magic without your sword?" I ask.

"Little bits like small teleportation and a little bit of water magic," Liam said. "It should help me against your wall breaking fists, new magic skills, and inaccurate magic bursts."

"Hey I can't help it," I said. "It just happens."

"Shall we begin?" Liam asks. I nod.

"3....2...1...GO!" Liam and I yell in sync. We lunge into action. I spin around getting my leg ready to kick. Just as I swing around with my leg extended, Liam blocked it.

"Heh, nice block," I said.

"Nice kick," Liam said. He takes my leg and lifted it up trying to knock me over. I do a cartwheel. In doing so I used my free leg to kick Liam's hand so he'd let go of my other leg. Kicking Liam's legs, he began to fall back. Liam uses his hands to launch him up into the air. He did a few flips then disappear in a gust of blue mist.

"Where did you go?" I whisper quietly while slowly turning around to guard all sides. I notice a blue blob in a tree. Just as I noticed it, blue ribbons flew at me. One grabbed my wrist and one of my legs. I was lifted off the ground. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the tower I am staying in. When I remembered skill I have, I smirked. I waved my free hand. In the window you could see a flying object shoot towards us. As it grew visible, I noticed that the ribbons were pulling me up faster. The flying object cuts threw the ribbons as I fall back  to the ground. I landed gracefully. Liam appeared at the bottom of the tree.

"What was that?" He asks. The flying object comes around and lands in my hand.

"My arrow," I said. I toss it over to my sword. We continued on with our fight. Liam shot flying icicles. I swiftly dodged them. I had a new spell I learned that I want to try out. I plant my foot on the ground. "From dawn to dusk, moon to sun, lend me your power, Divine Gods!" I yell. The sun began to dim as I was granted its power.

I sprint at Liam. My body was flowing with energy. Liam tried to teleport away but when I touched him it was like his ability was countered. I pull my arm back to uppercut him. Not wanting to actually hit him, I send my fist into the air. The Suns usual brightness returned. Liam's hair was blown back by the force around my fist. I look up at him with a smile.

"That was fun," I said. Liam was still shocked. "I'm going to meet the others for a meeting. I'll see you there okay." I turn and walk over to my things. Throwing up my arrow, it began to fly back to the tower. I tossed the sword over my shoulder and walked back into the palace.

(Liam's POV)

I was shocked. Did she learn that from those spell books? That must have been an advanced spell. I fix my hair and look up. The clouds had parted so far like the force of her blow had effect them. Did it? Everything around me was a mess like a tornado came and blew everything around.

"Wow," was all I could say. She's crazy strong.