Comfort

(Astaya's POV)

I have been running for what seems like forever. Finding Griffin kissing Megan really stung, but what hurt even more was what he had said to me. I have never loved you! I would never love YOU!

After exhausting myself from all the running, I had finally stopped by a willow tree that dangled over the side of the cliff. I was no where near the castle anymore. Running for so long, you begin to forget where you want to go. So you end where ever your feet take you.

I climb up onto a low branch as my feet dangled off the edge. As all the events of the day fled back into my thoughts, tears escaped my eyes. The pain was unbearable. The longer I cried the louder it got. Eventually my cries sounded like pained screams. I couldn't stop the raging rivers flowing from my eyes. Pulling my knees to my chest, I buried my face in my knees. It muffled the sounds of my crying a little, but it was still loud enough to echo off the side of the mountain.

I felt so weak not bring able to do anything but cry. What else was I supposed to do, Smile? My heart was just torn from my chest and stomped on. All I could do was let out the pain, but it didn't want to stop. The pain kept flowing with no end. This was definitely the worst day of my life.

"Astaya!" Called out a voice. "Astaya where are you?!" I quickly wipe away my tears and acted like nothing happened. The willow tree's hanging branches were pushed to the side by a strong arm. Blue hair was visible when the owner of the hand walked in.

"Liam," I whispered. He heard me and looked my way.

"Astaya, Alic and I were looking all over for you. He told me that you ran out of Megan's room crying," Liam said. He teleported in a blur of blue. He reappeared on the branch in front of  me crouched down. "What happened in there?" I try to hide my face with my White curly hair, but to no avail. Liam had pushed my hair outing my face and pulled my chin up to look at him.

"What happened?" Hie eyes pleaded for an answer. I couldn't look away. Knowing I would have to tell him and the others eventually, I gave into his intense gaze.

"Griffin acted coldly towards me," I explained. "He said that he never loved me and that he would never love s weakling like...Like...Me." More tears dripped down my cheeks. Liam's eyes narrowed with a sudden flare.

"You a weakling?! That's stupid! He doesn't know what he's talking about!" Liam yelled. "You have gone through a huge ordeal, both physically and mentally, and you're still going strong. Griffin doesn't know what he's talking about. Anybody would be lucky to have you as a friend or more." Liam pulled me into a hug. "I'm obviously not as good as solving problems as Garth but just know that I'm here for you." I hug his neck.

"I know," I said as a smile played across my lips. Liam is very good at comforting. "You know you should do this more often. You could help a lot of people with your compassion," I admit. Liam pulled away from the hug.

"No I don't think I could much help," Liam said.

"Well you helped me."

"Yeah but I've known you for a while now," Liam pointed out.

"True, but still your good at it."

"Thanks Astaya. We should probably head back," Liam said.

"Yeah, but I don't want to see Griffin. I'll just get hurt again," I said looking down.

"Then we'll have to teleport."

Before I could object, Liam picked me up bridal style. In a flash of blue we disappear. We were traveling threw what looked like a wormhole. It was actually pretty frightening. An opening appeared that looked like the room Lassie and I are staying in. Liam jumps threw the opening as the wormhole vanished.

"Are you alright Astaya?" Liam asked.

"Um I'm still comprehending what just happened." Liam laughs.

"Yeah I guess that would be pretty scary for your first time," Liam admitted. I nod in agreement.

"I feel kind of dizzy," I said.

"Oh sorry I've never taken anyone threw there other then Jade," Liam said. Carrying me over to the bed, he placed me down gently. I pull the covers over me. Liam sat on the edge of the bed. "I should probably leave you to let you sleep." Liam got up and was about to leave when I stopped him. I held onto his hand.

"No please stay," I begged. Liam turned back to me.

"Alright." He sat on the ground leaving against the bed. "So what do you want to talk about?"

"Well, I don't really know," I said. Then I remembered what Zack had told me. "Liam have you ever done anything bad in your kingdom? Like something similar to what happened with Griffin." Liam froze.

"Well yeah. Everyone makes mistakes. No ones perfect," Liam said.

"You're not answering my question," I said. "Please Liam you can trust me." A sigh e his lips.

"Okay," he said. "So when I was younger probably ten or something, I was a very big stuck up jerk. I treated everyone like they didn't matter. Of course my Master Elric noticed. He said that everyone has a purpose and that I wasn't justifying my thoughts of them. It took a long time to get it through my head. I finally understood when I saw a man hurt another citizens hen he didn't get what he wanted." Liam paused to take in a breath. "He wanted his money back that the citizen owed him. When he didn't get what he wanted, he became violent. Good thing my Master was there. He solved the problem with a justified answer. Ever since then I wanted to be just like him."

"Really he sounds like such a great man," I said. "But Liam you have already surpassed him." Liam cocked and eyebrow.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you have came this far with me, by what I've heard of your master, you have proven that you are just as good as your master or even better," I explained with a big smile. Liam smiled back.

"Thank you," Liam said. "You should go to bed. You've had a long day." Getting up Liam started to walk towards the door.

"Liam," I said. He looked over his shoulder. "Can you stay with me?" Liam smiled.

"Of course," he said. He walked back over to my bed. I slid over a bit to let Liam lay down to. He crawled under the sheets. Placing my head in his chest, he wrapped his strong arm around me. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

_________________________

Hello again! I just want you guys to know that I'm going to be gone for about eight days. I'm going camping. When my family goes camping we aren't allowed electronics. So I'm sorry but I won't be publishing for a while. But as soon as I get back I'll publish some more chapters. K C ya ✌️