The Forest

I look out over the horizon to see a faint shade of green.

"Hey Liam it's been like two days. When we get to the forest, we should land so your Phoenix gets some rest?" I ask. Liam turns to me. His eyelids looked heavy. Everyone looked tired but me. I was wide awake.

"Yeah I think that's a good idea. I surely need some sleep. We will reach The Forest of The Green King by sunset. We'll land so we can all rest. I nod.

"Why don't you let me guide your Phoenix for you while you rest a little?" I suggest. Liam gives me a tired smile.

"I'd like that" Liam said. He gets up and walks over to where I sat. I get up to let him sit down. I sit down where Liam once was." Oh and he responds to Jade. If you touch that feather on the back of his head you'll be able to talk to him. I can talk to him because we are bound together. If you want to start a conversation just touch that feather" Liam explained.

"Alright. Thank you Liam. Now please rest" I ask. He nods and rests his head on the nearest object, which was a sack of food. I smile and look back at the horizon. Curious I wanted to touch Jades communication feather, yeah that's what I'll call it. I reach for it. Before I could touch it a voice spoke in my mind.

'No need my queen. You have no need to use it.' Said the voice.

'Who said that?' I ask threw my mind.

'It was me my queen. Jade the Phoenix. It is a pleasure to meet such a grand being such as yourself' said the voice in my head. Looking down at the Phoenix's head to see he was looking at me.' I apologize if I had scared you in any way.'

'No it's fine I just wasn't expecting it. So how am I able to communicate with you if I'm not bounded to you like you are with Liam. I don't understand how I can talk to you' I said threw my thoughts.

'Oh, yes that is because the Queens of White are direct descendants of the creators of this world, the kings are also direct descendants of the creators but they can only do so when they are united. You can with out being united with the kings because you are the one that grants this power to the kings. You are the purest of all' explained Jade. I nod understanding.

'So I can talk to any animal even the magical ones?' I ask. Jade nods.

'You have many. So many that you must find out on your own. You are the centre of the universe. To fix the balance when a queen dies, another is born. The Phoenix elder foretold that the next Queen of White would complete her task and the endless cycle will end. When this happens you'll be reborn as an immortal Queen' said Jade.' And the kings will be reborn to.' I was shocked. How does a Phoenix know so much about the White Queen and the Kings.

'How do you know all this? Where did you find out all of this?' I ask.

'I know what every animal knows. We can feel when a disturbance or a great presence is in the realm. Some of us can tell exactly what has happened, like the elder. Most of the information we discover is given to us by our elder. He is very wise and powerful' explained Jade.

'Where is the elder?' I ask.

'He is in another realm. The portal is in a very heavily guarded in the Kingdom of Gold far away from its capital' stated Jade.' It is very difficult to reach it. I wouldn't suggest attempting to go there until you get more familiar with your powers' said Jade. I nod understanding.

~Time Skip~

We passed over the border of the Green forest. I see a big clearing.

'Lets land there' I said to Jade. He nods and flys down to the clearing.

When we landed I woke up the sleeping Kings and Garth. They start to set up camp while I start to collect wood. When I had finished I brought back the wood I collected.

"I'll start a fire" Garth said taking the wood from me. I nod. I look around to see everything already set up. Griffin was sitting on a branch with a bow in his hand. Liam was punching a tree leaving many dents in the tree trunk. I decide to check up on Liam first. He had taken off his jacket. He wore a blue shirt with the same bottom half as he wore before. He was dripping in sweat.

"Hey Liam what you doing? Are you training?" I ask. Liam takes one last blow at the tree. The tree slowly crashes down onto the ground behind it. Liam turns to me.

"Yeah I just finished. Were you looking to spar with me?" Liam asks. I shake me head.

"No I think I'll pass. I'll spar with you another time. I was just wondering" I said." Um... Liam don't mind me asking but may I ask how you got that scar on your face?" Liam had a slightly shocked expression.

"Oh yeah. I guess I always knew that question was going to come up. So I'm ganna have to explain, aren't I?" Liam asks.

"Oh... You don't have to if you don't want to" I said.

"No I should. We are part of a team. You deserve to know my past" Liam said." Unlike the Queens us kings are brought to this world as children. We don't have birth parents but we do have our masters, who are the kings before us. My master Elric was a great Blue king. He was very strong. He taught me about justice and of the pure white queen of his century. I looked up to him. He was a great teacher. I always wanted to surpass him but now that he has to passed I won't be able to do so. He was killed by the colourless king of his century. In his last few minutes he had stepped In front of me to prevent the colourless king from killing me. My face was cut in the proses. But Elric wasn't as luck as me. He had died a few seconds after. In his last moments he had given to me his sword and told me 'promise me that you will use this sword only for justice. And when you meet the queen of your time please give her this.'" Liam held out a bow and a bag of arrows.

"Why give me a bow and arrows?" I ask.

"He wanted you to have the weapon that the queen of his time used" Liam explained. He held out the bow and arrows to me.

"How did he get these?" I ask taking the bow and arrows.

"The queen before she died, requested he gave you the weapons" said Liam. Liam grabs his jacket and puts it on." I think I'm going to go to sleep now. I'm really exhausted. You should too" Liam said.

"Yeah I'll sleep too" I said. Liam smiles at me. I smile back. He grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the campfire. He grabs a sleeping bag.

"Here. Take this and go sleep in the tent. I think Griffins going to watch out for anything that may harm us. Ill sleep out here tonight. See ya in the morning Astaya" Liam said. I nod and walk into the tent laying down the sleeping bag. I get in the blanket and lay down. My head was supported by my bag. I began to drift off into a dreamless sleep.