The Discussion

After a few hours of sleep, Alic called for a meeting to take place in the throne room. In the throne room, the kings and I along with John and Rebecca sat at a long table. Alic sat at the end with his royal chair. I sat at the other end with Liam to my right and Griffin to my left. John sat to the right of Alic with Rebecca on the left. Even though we are all here, it felt like something was missing.

"So Astaya, when would you like it leave for the Orange Kingdom?" Alic asks. I take a minute to think of an answer.

"I'd like to leave as soon as possible. The quicker I gather the Kings, the less time Dante has to create his ghouls," I said. "Alic do you happen to have any books on ghouls. I want to learn more about them if that's alright. And maybe something on Black magic so I can understand what kind of spells Dante is using."

"We have books on a lot of mystical creatures and on black magic," Rebecca said. "We'll be happy to lend you them."

"Thank you that would be helpful," I said.

"Speaking of magic, why do you think Dante was worried when you used magic without your sword?" Liam asked. "He also was frightened by that crack that formed on your sword. Why would he be scared?"

"I don't know, it is strange that he would be frightened by such a minor crack in my blade," I said.

"Maybe It could have something to do with your protectors emblem," Alic said.

"What are you getting at Alic?" Griffin asks.

"I'm saying that Astaya's sword might be her protectors emblem. If Dante had any information on them, he would want to keep it close," Alic said. "You saw what happened when Griffins broke. He most likely knew and that's why he wanted it. Or he just wants to leave you powerless."

"You might be right Alic, but it is only a theory," John said. "Astaya you should keep using magic without your sword. If what Alic said is true, then we must try our best to break it. If you gain power like Griffin's then Dante won't be able to stop you." I nod understanding what he was getting at.

"But wouldn't I need to combine with Goddess Kadence? How am I supposed to do that when I'm the one that's got the healing magic to combine us?" I ask.

"You might have to call upon another Queen," Liam said leaning back into his chair.

"And how do you expect her to do that?" Alic said in a rather rude tone.

"I don't know I was just suggesting it," Liam said threw gritted teeth. Alic and Liam glared daggers at each other. I began to grow slightly aggravated.

"If you guys are to be teammates, you must at the least try to get along," I said in a calm voice. Liam and Alic look away from each other.

"Pfft...fine," they said in sync.

"Heh...that's funny. Garth got them to shut up too. He was really good at it," Griffin said. "It was actually really surprising considering he isn't much of a problem solver." Oh that's right, Garth's not here. Looking down at my hands as they begin to blur. The tears in my eyes fell onto my hands. Griffin realized he made a mistaken for mention Garth. "Sorry Astaya," Griffin said.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I-It was Dante. I never should've have left him with L-Luther," I stuttered. I cover my face as tears ran down my red cheeks. I hear a chair scratch against the floor as if someone was getting up. Footsteps came towards me. Arms hugged me from the side. I cried harder.

"Shh...I know it hurts...just let it out," Rebecca said hugging me closely. My sobs slowly grew louder until you could hear my cries threw out the castle. After a while of crying, my cries slowly died down. Rebecca released me from the hug do I could look up at her. "There, do you feel better now?" Rebecca asks. I nod slowly. I wipe the tears off my cheeks.