Contradicting Previous Beliefs

Mulai dari awal

And yet... She stared at these clothes she had made.

Was she sure she wanted to do this?

Of course she was!

She struck the match, causing a spark, and finally, a flame, and took a sharp intake of breath.

This was the best choice. Marinette-Dupain-Cheng was not a vigilante. She wasn't a Hero. She was a freaking student, who needed to figure out how the hell Kinetic energy worked, and how Joules were involved, not thinking about something she did to hide her crippling embarrassment around Adrien Agreste.

She held the burning match over the clothes.

For some reason, despite it being such a simple task, Marinette tensed up, and felt her teeth press down on each other.

All she had to do was drop the match, and Ladybug was gone.

Forever.

But... Something inside her... Something that felt like it was being held back from her own consciousness, stopped Marinette. When she had made that costume... When she had worn that costume... When she had saved Adrien, and taken out Molecular... Something happened to her.

She felt... Alive.

Confident.

Free.

Things that a blunette girl like her should have no real right to feel.

Marinette had done something good when she had saved Adrien. She had protected an innocent person from the clutches of a Villain. She had used her Trait to recapture a Villain before they could hurt anyone else. And it had felt good.

Behind that mask, she was more confident, more comfortable.

More... everything.

She felt more Marinette than being Marinette felt.

Was this... Something she was meant to do?

Siddiq Taslaq made his living by creating inventions that suited the Traits of people who needed specialized equipment. Many Traits were at their most useful with an object or piece of equipment to take advantage of. Creativity was a very profitable area in a society of superpowers, and Siddiq boasted immense creativity and technological understanding. His own Trait aided him in keeping secrets for the... Less than legal requests he would occasionally get. The Arabian man just worked freelance - He didn't question what purpose someone needed something for - He just created it, and took his money. A perfectly legal action in this world of Traits, if a little... Morally grey.

He was fiddling with a spiked tail armament when he heard a knock on his door one day. He wasn't unused to people coming directly to his home to request various things of his for design. It was a common thing for those who wanted total quality. He noted, however, the heavy knock that came from this particular person. He called out, a single order. "Enter."

Adrien knew much about the creative industry that came with Designers, since his father was one. He understood it all well enough, but lacked the technological skill to create himself. If he was going to do this vigilante business he had decided upon - An idea he still couldn't believe he was going through with - He needed to mask his Traits to hide his identity.

His Destruction Trait was easy - Just wear something with long sleeves. That would cover up the corrosive effect it gave his arms. He already had a material in mind for that.

His Teleportation Trait would be a dead giveaway. A black puff of smoke would be very obvious, especially to those who knew him. His school would know who he was in a heartbeat. So he needed to mask it. Siddiq Taslaq was a low-key known Designer, lacking in public popularity, but very high up on the quality of product, second possibly only to Gabriel Agreste. The man knew what he was doing. After all, Adrien sure as hell couldn't go to his father about this sort of thing. His father would figure it out far too quickly. So, he needed an outside source.