Contradicting Previous Beliefs

Mulai dari awal

He needed to find a way to continue to help people without worrying them.

A mask would help do that.

He laughed to himself. A year ago, if you had told him he would have seriously been considering becoming a vigilante, he would have hit you.

Now he was thinking of exactly what he'd need to be one.

Try as she might, Marinette couldn't focus on her Physics book. Exams by the end of the week, and she still was struggling with her Sciences. Kinetic Energy, Electricity, Electromagnetism, the Solar System and Atoms - That last one would be valuable to a girl with her powers - She wasn't exactly loaded with free time. She had a very strict deadline to get all of this ingrained into her memory.

But the blue haired girl was distracted. Oh boy, was she distracted, by those skin-tight polka-dotted clothes that she had made just maybe 20 hours ago.

Ladybug's appearance hadn't gone unnoticed, and it had been a point of discussion for Heroes and civilians throughout the media outlets. She was one of the only known vigilantes in the entire city now, so being noticed had been expected.

She dropped her pencil on the floor as she let her arm flop to the side.

She hadn't wanted that.

She hadn't been looking for publicity. She hadn't wanted fame. She hadn't wanted to become a talking point for the average Parisian.

She had just wanted to help Adrien... To just make sure he was okay...

And now, Ladybug was the talk of the town. How had it become this?...

Screw learning about Kinetic energy and Joules, she thought as she pushed herself away from her desk on her wheel-equipped computer chair. There were more pressing matters she needed to focus on.

She got out of her seat and walked over to the clothes, hidden just with more clothes she had made. It was basically her 'Throwaway' pile, things she made, that she didn't like, or didn't work, that she would use for something later. Pulling the others aside, she looked at the Ladybug skin-suit and mask, and just stared at it for a while.

Ladybug wasn't Marinette. Ladybug were these clothes. She was looking at Ladybug. The person who saved Adrien Agreste, the person who captured Molecular, the person who became a legend overnight wasn't Marinette. No new outlets were looking for Marinette. Marinette hadn't saved Adrien. Ladybug had.

Touching the clothes, Marinette almost shuddered. "I don't want to be a vigilante..."

She wanted to be a Hero. Adrien had convinced her of that. He had shown her how valuable a Trait could be in the right hands. How strong her own Trait was, and how much more she could do with it. Those conversations, those moments, overwrote an entire lifetime of firm path-finding for a Designer. She wanted to be strong. She wanted to be Heroic.

She wanted to be like Adrien.

But Adrien wasn't a Vigilante.

"I should just burn these." She said to herself, grabbing the suit and mask in a bundle, and began to make her way up to her roof. She could get a match or something and set fire to it. It would be a pile of cinders, and she'd never see it again. Ladybug would die in that inferno, and Paris would never hear from her again.

She flung open the hatch to her roof, and threw the jumpsuit and mask in the centre. Her Trait activated as she touched her hatch, and she created a small, thing, wooden stick. Her plants were nearby, and leaning over, she used her Trait again. Fertilizer had been used recently, which contained prosperous. Adding it to the wooden stick she made, Marinette now had a matchstick she could strike against her roof and spark.