~Chapter Twenty Nine~

When we got to my house, I sat at one end of the couch and Rachel sits at the other end, turning to face me. "Okay, spill," She says, brushing her bangs out of her face.

I take a deep breath, "It sounds so stupid now but I was mad at Matt because he was telling me to be careful and that I don't know what Shay could do. I know he was just trying to look out for me and be a good friend but for some reason it just rubbed me the wrong way. I just stood up and walked away and when he didn't come after me, I just kept going."

"Would you have stopped if he had followed you?" She questioned.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I was pretty mad but I still think I would have stopped."

Rachel nodded and stood up. "Do you ever wonder how his life is?"

"What do you mean?"

"He hasn't been the same since you left. He lost his best friend that day. And then Shay started to get even pushier and flirtier around him. And don't forget the fact that his aunt's stable might have to be shut down if she can't get money fast. I'm not saying he was in the right in this situation, you just have to understand, he is afraid to loose you for forever now."

"I'm so confused. Why would he loose me?"

"You have new friends, not to mention a boyfriend. He is afraid you will start choosing them over him."

"I would never do that. You guys are the best friends I could ever ask for. Yeah, I have new friends but you two will always be my favorites."

Rachel finally smiled as she awkwardly hugged me as I was sitting on the couch. "Thanks Ri. Now let's go tell Matt everything you just told me.

*

*

*

Ten minutes later, we pulled up to Matt's house and I knocked on the door. His mom opened the door and smiled at the sight of me. "Rilee! I haven't seen you in forever child, how are you?"

Her happiness was contagious and I smiled back, "I'm doing great Mrs. !"

She hugged me, "How many times do I have to tell you child, call me Mary!"

I laughed, "Sorry Mary."

"Well you're probably here to see Matt, he's up in his room. I'll bring up some cookies later."

"Okay thank you," I smiled at her again. I followed Rachel up the stairs and to Matt's room. She knocked on the door and a few seconds later Matt opened the door.

He hesitated then said, "Come in."

Rachel plopped down on his bed while I stood awkwardly by the door. "So... I have something to tell you," I said.

"Okay," he said sitting on the end of his bed.

"I'm sorry I overreacted but I felt like you were being like my parent. I know I'm stubborn but I can handle my life- trust me."

Matt opened his mouth like he was going to say something then he smiled instead, "I know Ri, and I'm sorry I acted like that..."

"But?" I questioned.

"But, you seriously don't know how much of a witch she has been since you left. I guess I'm also under a lot of stress with Aunt Becca and her money issues."

"That's it!" I exclaimed, sitting up excitedly. "I know how I can help!"

"Whoa, girlfriend, slow down there," Rachel laughed. "Please explain."