~Chapter Nineteen~

When we reached Red Oak, it was ten o'clock and dark outside. The barn lights were on and you could see riders everywhere, putting their horses away half-asleep. I hopped out of the truck and dropped the ramp.

After unloading Dandy and putting him away, I headed back to my dorm where Tori was asleep with the TV on. I smiled and shook her shoulder.

"Hey," she said stretching, "When did you get back?"

"Just about thirty minutes ago."

"How did you do?"

"Pretty good minus being sabotaged."

"What!?" She was wide awake now.

I smiled, "Oh nothing, I'll tell you about it tomorrow," I said yawning.

She nodded and climbed into bed. I headed to the bathroom and got ready for bed. After brushing my teeth and braiding my hair, I crawled into bed and fell asleep quickly.

*

*

*

The next morning I wake up and look at my alarm clock. Holy cow! It was already ten o'clock!

I sat up and stretched. I heard the lock turn in the door and Tori came in dressed to the tee wearing black leggings and an oversized grey shirt with a soft baby blue infinity scarf wound around her neck. She tugged off her tan ankle boots and threw them next to the door.

"Morning beautiful!" She said setting a paper bag from the Sweet Cafe that I hadn't noticed on the table.

I hopped out of bed and headed to the bathroom. "I'm gonna get dressed then I'll check out what fatty deliciousness you got in that bag!"

She laughed, "Okey-dokey! And don't forget, you still have to tell me about your sabotage."

I nodded, "Def!"

In the bathroom, I hopped in the shower. After I was done, I threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a ROA shirt in navy blue. I blowdried my hair and put it in a high ponytail. After doing my makeup, I was ready to go.

I headed back out to where Tori was lounging on the couch watching TV. I grabbed the bag from next to the door and dropped it on the coffee table in front of the couch.

Tori sat up and reached her hand inside the bag. She pulled out two glazed donuts and two chocolate milkshakes. I felt my mouth start watering, "You know me too good," I said, reaching for a donut.

I bit into it and instantly relaxed. I swallowed then took a large sip of my milkshake. "This is so good but I will def have to hit the treadmill later."

Tori groaned, "Oh I know, but savor it while you can."

We turned back to the TV and watched an episode of The Walking Dead. After the episode, I sat up and sighed, "I'm gonna head down to the barn, wanna come? I could show you how to groom the horses and maybe we could borrow a lesson horse and I could teach you how to ride!"

Tori sat up quickly, "Really!? That would be awesome!"

I stood up and walked to my closet, "You'll have to borrow a pair of breeches and boots. Lucky for you, we're the same size!"

I held up two pairs, "Pink or black?"

"Umm black. No, pink."

I tossed her the pink breeches and a black belt and she headed to the bathroom. She emerged five minutes later looking perfect. Her brown hair was pulled back in a high ponytail and her black t-shirt tucked into my pink breeches perfectly. "Nice!" I complimented her. "Just let me get changed and we can get going."