Chapter Six

Sara

I grin at my set up.
While Jess was gone, I made her and I my famous Arroz Con Pollo, a Mexican dish that is chicken, rice and cheese.
I had cleared out my living room and set up the floor with fluffy blankets and fluffy pillows, in the middle a candle, lighting the room.
In front of the blankets and pillows was a movie theater screen, and I put on a random Grey's episode, when Jess walks in.
She gasps when she sees the candle lit blankets in the living room, and she smiles at the TV. She inhales deeply, grinning when she sees the Arroz Con Pollo plates on the counter, and the two glasses of red wine.
I blush, hoping she doesn't think I'm being too straight forward. "Girls night. Single ladies, a lot of food, and chick flicks. Sound good?"
Disappointment falls over her facial features when I mention Single Ladies.

Jess
I think I like her.
But then she said it.
Girls Night.
Come on.
I've been friend zoned.

Sara
I think I like her.
But she doesn't like me.
She's straight.
We sit on the blankets, and when I ask her what movie she wanted to watch she said that we could just watch Grey's reruns.
Not arguing, I turn on season 7, episode 13. The one where Callie tells Arizona she's pregnant.
"So, have you signed the divorce papers?" I ask.
She chuckles. "When I was out getting our wine, I stopped by the courthouse and turned in the divorce papers. I'm officially unmarried."
I grin. "Congratulations?"
She smiles. "I'm free from him."
I nod in understanding. "I signed my papers to Ryan three hours after he sent them to me."
She chuckles. "Yeah."
We eat in silence for a couple of minutes, watching Grey's.
I can see her in the corner of my eye looking at me, and a couple of minutes later, I find myself gazing at her as well.
"Oh crap." She says when Lancelot walks in, knocking her red wine on my lap and the white blankets around me.
"I'm sorry." She says, blushing, taking her napkin and dabbing at my lap, before her footing slips, and she is soon swaddling me. I'm leaning back on my elbows, and I slowly rise myself up toward her.
I yank the wine glass out of her hand and toss it aside, before she smashed her mouth on mine.
Yes, we had kissed millions of times before.
But this?
This kiss?
It was genuine.
It was passionate.
It was... Right.