Chapter Four

Sara

I wake up on my couch, my arms wrapped around someone's waist, my head resting on their chest.
I stir a bit, and smile as I feel someone drawing invisible circles all around my back.
I slowly sit up, rubbing my eyes and stretching my back until I hear two pops, then relaxing, looking at who I had made my pillow.
I blushed as soon as I saw it was Jess.
"I - I'm sorry." I stutter, rubbing my temples, embarrassed.
She grins, shaking her head. "It's okay. I was having fun." She says, pointing to the TV that was playing the old 60's show, Happy Days. That just so happened to be one of my favorite shows too. Apart from Grey's Anatomy. ;)
"And this guy is good company." She says, referring to the grey kitten in her hands.
"Oh my gosh!" I exclaim. "That's Lancelot. He's named after a character from Spamalot, the Broadway show I was in. Please don't tell Shonda! Hector found him under his trailer and Hector is allergic to cats so he gave him to me."
She laughs, her smile huge.
Damn.
That smile.
"I wasn't going to tell Shonda." She says. "Who's Hector?"
There's something in her eyes when she asks that question.
Jealousy?
I don't think she knows I'm bisexual. I guess she thinks I only like men.
"Yeah." I say. "He's my dad. Well, not my dad. Callie's dad. Hector Elizando, the guy who plays Carlos. We're best friends."
She smiles, understanding.
Damn. Her smile.
Wait, did I already say that?
"Okay." I say, clearing my throat. "Apart from all of the fun stuff. What the hell happened last night?"
She looks at me blankly, before it clicking in her head, memories of yesterday returning to her mind.
"Oh!" She says. "I went to the house. I opened the door and everything that was the kids or his he took. Everything. The divorce papers were neatly set on the bed, along with a letter about the divorce and the custody and everything. I sat on the bed and cried for what felt like hours. Then, I began crying again as I walked toward my car as I left. It was raining but I didn't care. I was going to sleep at my trailer because I cried my day away, but I wanted to be with someone. I needed company." She looks down on her lap, blushing. "So I knew you had insomnia, and so I knew you'd be awake. So I walked. And you opened the door. And you washed me and you put me in these clothes and..." She avoids eye contact, fiddling with her hands that lay in her lap. "And now I'm okay."