Chapter 5

Marinette's POV
••••••••••••••••••••••
I walked to school. I shouldn't drag my friends into this mess. It will only end up with someone getting hurt.
"Marinette!" Someone called. I turned around to see a red haired girl standing behind me. Her eyes pitch black before turning back to brown. Then I realized who I was talking to.
"Gaby?" I asked. I tried to keep my voice down. She nodded.
"I've come to help you. I want to get rid of her. She is big trouble." She replied. I nodded as we walked to school. "So you're not going to tell them are you?" I shook my head as she continued. "Ok. Just to not raise any suspicion, call me... Ashley. That's my best friend's name." She said as her smile turned into a frown. I think she deeply misses her friend. I've never seen so much emotion coming out of her. I nodded and walked over to my seat. I saw Alya sitting with Shara. They were talking and laughing. I felt the anger and sadness bubbling inside of me. Wasn't Alya supposed to meet me by the stairwell?
I hung my head low and walked with Gaby to the back of the class. My friends didn't even notice me. It was good though. I didn't want them to be dragged down with me. The farther they stay away, the better. The teacher walked in and started the lesson.

*time skip to end of school*

"Meet me at the bakery." Gaby said before walking off. My friends didn't even talk to me today. They were sitting together with Shara at lunch, talking and laughing, and taking selfies like I didn't even exist. I even saw Adrien staring at Shara in history. His face turning slight pink. I figured I should talk to them. I walked up to them.
"Hey!" I said. They look up from their phones and raised an eyebrow.
"I thought you were absent today." Alya asked. I shook my head.
"Why would you think that...Oh I don't know, you've been hanging out with Shara so much that you didn't even bother to look at me when I called your name 15 times in English!" I yelled. Adrien came up to me.
"Why are you yelling and insulting Shara? She's just being friendly!" He shouted.
"Because! You guys are hanging out together like I was never your friend. And now you are always looking at her like you love her!" I said. He looked shocked. "You know what, I think you are all better off without me. Just go hang out with Shara while I hang out with Ashley! Oh that's right. I never introduced you to her cause' you guys are ignoring me. God!" I said walking away.
I ran home, tears stinging at the back of my eyes. I couldn't hold them back anymore. I let them fall. I ran into a nearby alley. I slid down the wall and cried. Then I heard someone's foot steps. I looked up.

A/N:
Who was that???? Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've got stupid school...

-Cora💖