Chapter 12

Kat's pov.

i was on my way to Naruto's house alone after my two days alone with Kakashi. i had decided to leave Kakashi asleep and walk home alone seeing as how he had been so sweet to me the last few days. when i walk into Naruto's house i see him asleep on the couch and i sigh softly as i pick him up and carry him to his bed. he sighs in his sleep before rolling over and relaxing into his bed. i walk back into the living room before sighing softly when i see the mess that Naruto had made in the few days i had been gone. it didn't take me long to get the place cleaned up and i was soon working on a late breakfast that Naruto and i would enjoy together. i was almost done cooking when there was a knock on the front door and i sigh as i walk over to it and open it. standing there was Kakashi and he gives me a smile before looking around behind me. "what time did you leave?" he asks as i let him in. "an hour or two ago. you looked so cute asleep that i didn't have the heart to tell you i was leaving. do you want to have breakfast with us?" i say as i hurry back over to what i was cooking.

"i guess i could, where is Naruto?" he says as he walks over and wraps his arms around my waist. i smile a little at his actions and lean my head back onto his shoulder. "in his room asleep still. when i got home he was asleep on the couch and i moved him to his room." i say and Kakashi chuckles a little. "was he cute asleep as well?" Kakashi asks as he rest his chin on my shoulder and i giggle a little. "yes but not a cute as you." i say and he chuckles a little. he lets me go so i could finish cooking and i put the food out on the table. "sit at the table, i'm going to go wake Naruto." i say and he nods his head before sitting in a chair by the one i do. i smile a little as i walk into Naruto's bedroom and see his sitting up in bed half asleep. "morning Naruto. breakfast is ready." i say and he looks up at me his half asleep state gone and a big goofy smile on his face. "when did you get home sis? how did i end up in my room?" Naruto asks as he gets out of bed and walks over to me. "a few hours ago and i brought you in here. now lets go eat quickly before the food gets cold." i say and he nods before running out to the table and sitting down. he says a quick hi to Kakashi before we all start to eat. "are you two ready for the exam tomorrow?" Kakashi asks when we were almost done eating. i had avoided talking about tomorrow after Kakashi told me he wanted me to move in with him.

"about as ready as i can be." i say as i start to play with my left over food. Naruto gives me a big smile. "everything is going to be alright big sis! as long as we are together then we will pass." Naruto says and i couldn't help but giggle at what he was saying. Kakashi gives me a smile and he places a hand on my leg under the table giving it a gentle squeezes. i give him a shy smile before looking back down at my food. "you both will do fine i'm sure of it." Kakashi says and i blush a little suddenly not able to look at him. not much later Kakashi has to leave to get some work done but he promised to come see me before the test so he could wish me luck. this left me alone with Naruto who had a smile on his face. "i'm sorry about being a pain. i shouldn't fight with Kai as much and get along with him better, it's just that your the first person to ever treat me like family and wanted to be around i didn't want you to get hurt by someone like him." Naruto says. i sigh softly before hugging him. "it's ok Naruto i understand how you felt. now let's just relax for today." i say as i pull away from him.

we spent the rest of the day goofing off and relaxing before heading to bed early for the next day. i only slept throw half the night not able to stay asleep knowing what was going to happen and i sit pulling my knees up to my chest and resting my head on top of them. a little before Naruto got up i slipped into the bathroom and took a hot shower before getting ready for the day. i change into one of the outfits that Kakashi had chosen for me and leave my hair down over my tattoo before checking that everything was in it's place before leaving the bathroom to see an empty living room. i was about to start cooking when there was a bang on the door and Naruto runs over to it half asleep. Kai walks into the house a bag in his hand and he messes up Naruto's hair as he walks over to the table. "Naruto go get ready for today." i say as i look over my twin who had a guilty look on his face. once Naruto was out of the room Kai walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. "i'm so very, very sorry for the way i have been acting. i just want to know my sister and protect her from anything or anyone who would harm her. please forgive me." Kai says as he hugs me tighter. "Kai please stop, i need to be breathing to take my test today." i say and he lets me go with a chuckle.