Fools Anger

I collapsed onto the bed and into Harry’s arms causing a loud oomph to escape him. I giggled into his neck, fisting my hand in his shirt and breathing him in.

His arms came to wrap around me and pulled me into his chest, legs moving on auto pilot as they slotted between mine.

“This is nice innit?” He asked softly and I nodded my head, kissing the collarbone that was closest to me. “Like having you in my arms every night. Knowing you’re safe here.”

I tilted my head up, offering a kiss that he gladly accepted. “I’m glad I’m here.”

“Good. Wouldn’t want you anywhere else.”

-

Four months earlier.

“Come back here! Come back.” I wheeled around at Harry’s loud words. More to get him to quiet down than to follow his order.

“Stop telling me what to do! I’m not a child Harry!” I shouted back, stomping my foot for emphasis.

We were both red faced and sputtering, hardly making any sense but our anger towards each other outweighed the fact that we had to catch our breath.

“You’re acting like one right now.” He countered taking a step towards me and I seethed at the fact he was right. I hated when he was right, loathed it because I felt inferior to him.

“Fuck you!” I yelled because of course that was the only thing that came to mind when I was this mad.

“Can you just stop and bloody listen to me?” He insisted and I shook my head vehemently, feeling my temperature rise with every word he said.

“I listened to you and I don’t want to hear it!” I turned sharply, ready to walk away, but I had nowhere to go. I didn’t want to be the one stuck in his flat and he knew every nook and cranny of it. He had me trapped. I couldn’t very well go past him, he’d catch me and hold me and change my mind.

“Don’t want to hear what huh?” Harry taunted following me closely. I could hear his footsteps echoing on the cheap hard wood.

“Don’t want to hear whatever you have to say!” I screamed not for once being considerate of his neighbours that might be able to hear us.

“What do you think I have to say? You won’t even fucking hear me out!”

“I have heard you and I don’t want that!” I whined. I was aware that I was being childish, but to admit that was to admit that Harry was right and I was notabout to give him that satisfaction.

“Don’t want to move in with me?”

I shook my head with my most obvious face. He was being an idiot, rushing into things. We had only been together for a year and he was already set on us moving in. “Why? My lease is up at end of term and you won’t have to live on residence.” He was making sense, but he wasn’t listening to me. Wasn’t being considerate and taking in to account how I might feel about this.

Harry was a loving boyfriend, a great listener, but he was stubborn as all hell.

“I don’t want to live with you!” I stamped my foot once more “I don’t need you breathing down my neck and dictating what I do in my spare time!”

“Dictate? Seriously? You think that I’d try to tell you what to do?” His voice was mocking, arms folded over each other as he gave me a look of mock disbelief.

It only fueled my anger.

“Yes! You’re doing it right now!”

“Because I love you! Because I want to be with you! Don’t you want that?”