Kiss Of Judas

This is not my story, im just a huge fan of this story. You can contact the authour at her tumblr which is -- http://shoutitoutyeahstyles.tumblr.com/

I pulled my phone from out of my pocket and felt my cheeks burn as I looked at the screen. One text was from my mum and the other was from Harry. One read ‘I am picking you up from school, we are going to the bookstore.’ The other had me looking around to ensure no one was looking, ‘I wish I could kiss your lips, both sets ;) x’.

I sent a quick reply to my mum, one that was sure to satisfy her trust issues with me. The response to Harry was uncharacteristic of the girl I was just a month ago. It was such a simple text and yet, I was feeling giddy and blushing. My phone vibrated quickly and I whipped it out faster than ever. It was Harry informing me that he was still home and wanted to see me.

I groaned under my breath, of course this would happen to me. I typed quickly, not wanting to get caught, for if I did, the consequences would be unspeakable. I settled my phone underneath my textbook.

I made sure to look up at the lecture to make it look like I wasn’t nearly as disinterested as I was. Counting to thirty before I checked his message, ‘I’ll find a way to see you, that’s a promise, now pay attention in class! x’ I didn’t bother to respond. Sister Catherine was looking at me oddly. I picked up my pen and began scrawling the lesson in my notebook quickly.

-

Emma looped her arm in mine and looked at my bare legs. “You’re not wearing tights today?” She asked giving me a wide eyed stare. “But you always were those black knit ones.” She said astonished and I blushed under her stare. “I mean, your mum makes you wear them… did you take them off in the loo?”

I shook my head as we continued walking. Surely Emma wouldn’t pick up on anything or pry any further. “No, I just didn’t feel like putting them on this morning.” Because I left them at Harry’s house.

“And your mum let your out of the house?” She asked slightly amused and disbelieving.

I nodded, but didn’t recount the tale to her. She would never believe I had gotten away with it, let alone lied to my mum, but it was necessary.

“Darling, where are your tights?”

“M-my tights?” I stuttered under her harsh glare. She turned over her shoulder and gave Darlene a small smile.

“Yes, your tights, the black ones, the ones that you always wear, the ones cover your skin. You can’t walk around town, alone, strutting around in such a short dress. You never know who will see you.” She scolded. The plum dress hit just above my knee and it was long and heavy. I didn’t understand why it was such a big deal, but she was waiting for my answer.

I couldn’t, under any circumstances tell her the truth. But I couldn’t lie. I had never in my lifetime lied to my mother, or father. On the other hand… I had had many firsts that day. “I took a short cut through a bushel and my tight caught on it.” I said and she rose her eyebrows. “They snagged and there were so many runs. I figured, that wearing tights made us, me,” I quickly corrected, “look poor and worn. I couldn’t give our family that name. So I went to the McDonalds and took them off. I threw them in the trash.”

I let out a quick puff of air. “You have never lied to me before.” She said taking a step closer to me, “ever.” I nodded my head trying to calm my frantic heartbeat. “So I have no reason not to believe you now.” She said wrapping her arms around me. “We won’t have time to buy you a new pair before school on Monday, so I’m going to need you to cross your legs when you sit and walk carefully.” She instructed petting my hair. I nodded and gave her a tight lipped smile.