Chapter Nine: stop looking at me

Start from the beginning

“Maybe if you didn't put me in such dangerous situations, I wouldn't be such a brat!” I challenged him. He rolled his eyes, stepping on the gas again. Jesus, was he just trying to scare me to death?!

“Maybe if you weren't such an idiot...” He muttered, getting back to 100 mph.

“Maybe if you weren't so rough with me!” I hissed at him.

“Maybe if you weren't so annoying, I wouldn't be so rough.” He glanced at me. Honestly, I wasn't sure what we were arguing about anymore. It was stupid.

“Fine. If I'm so annoying, then leave me alone.” I concluded, bitterly. He shrugged.

“That's not going to happen.” He stated bluntly, making me look at him a bit thrown off. “You're always all over me. You can't resist me. You can't keep yourself away from me long enough for me to leave you alone...” His smirk played across his face and not for the first time, I wanted to slap it off.

“You're so full of yourself!” I crossed my arms, turning away from him and this ridiculous argument. I didn't even want to look at him anymore.

We finally pulled up to the house. The outside looked fine, but I knew the inside was trashed. He didn't say anything, he just got out of the car and went into the house. As soon as he left, I turned on the radio and cranked up the rock station. I ignored him when he put something in the backseat, I ignored him when he got in the car, I ignored him when he glanced at me then at the radio and I ignored him when he let out a sigh and backed away from the house, whipping the car around so fast that I whacked my head against my window. I suppressed a groan. Asshole...

When we got back to the house, after that pretty erratic trip to the other house, I jumped out of the car before he hardly even had time to stop. I was just completely sick of him. I stormed into the house, wandered up the stairs and found an empty bedroom. I didn't know whose it was, but I was sleeping here.

I fell asleep pretty quickly, with everything going on lately, meeting Sam, finding out my parents think vampires kidnapped me...well...and Damien being an even bigger jerk then usual, it's no wonder I was exhausted.

My eyes fluttered open. I blinked a few times to get my eyes to adjust. It was still dark, but seemed even darker then when I fell asleep. I didn't look around the room when I had walked in. I just had wandered the house until I found a room with a bed. Then I heard something that made my heart jump into my throat. The sound of glass being scratched across the room. The scratching became louder. Something, or someone was outside the window in this room. Where was the window? Did I want to look? I did a quick glance around the room, spotting the window, a curtain covering it so I couldn't see out. Luckily no one could see in though.

As the scratching became even louder I forced myself to jump out of bed and run scared out of the room. I stumbled into the hallway. There were rooms up and down this hallway, it reminded me of the other house. My first thought was, where was Damien? I needed to find him. My second thought; I hate myself for those being my first thoughts.

I walked down the hall, feeling cautious, when I came to a room with the door cracked open. All the others were shut. But wouldn't Damien completely shut his door? Why would he leave it open like this? I pushed the door open. My eyes adjusted quickly and I saw his silhouette on the bed.

I moved across the room silently. He was laying on his back. I went to touch his shoulder when my eyes decided to land on his face. The gash that had been on his face seemed to be completely gone. I wonder if there was a scar? I leaned closer, I couldn't tell in the dark. I was really close now, but still couldn't see. But I did see it when his eyes flew open. I gasped, trying to jump back.