Chapter 10

"He talked so friendly to me. He was like so genuine as if nothing had happened between us. After so many months, I saw my dad talking to me so happily." Anirudh said, running his eyes over anika, narratively.

Anika widened her eyes and looked at anirudh, smiling.

"His words, his actions, the way he touched my shoulder and talked about aravind, my projects and about.." Anirudh paused, looked up at anika with a smile.

Anika grinned and looked at anirudh deep into his eyes, waiting for an answer. Anirudh knew anika was eager to know but he was smirking at her, silently. Anika nudged and shrugged his shoulder, forcefully.

"YOU! He talked about you ! Im really really happy to hear those words from him about you. And yes, he was proud of myself. He knew that I have the ability to take care of my family. But at the same time he wanted me to understand the circumstances between our family but I was against it. And at last the phrase he told just broke my heart." Anirudh spoke, excitedly.

"What did he say at last ?" Anika asked.

"I'm proud of anika! Don't lose her in any means! I know you won't because your love towards her is that strong no one can separate you both.And ani, i see anika as my own daughter so take care of her well. This is what he said." Anirudh said, emotionally.

Anika eyes shattered away, her hands were placed on her mouth as she was in an utter shock. She couldn't register those words into her heart.

She felt so happy to earn that daughter name from anirudh's dad.
She didn't know what to speak.

"And what my dad said is absolutely true. Without your motivation I wouldn't be here spending time with my parents. You're the only reason to make this happen. I love you so much niku." Anirudh said, clutching a brief hug to anika.

Anika was stunned with the hug as it was tight. She wrapped her arms around anirudh and caressed his back, smoothly. Anika broke the hug gifted a bright smile to anirudh.

"I'm happy that I made a meaningful day today. I felt like your dad himself had said those words infront of me, right here. Thank you." Anika said, with a smile on her face.

Anirudh noticed a tear on anika's eyes and remained silent. He ran his eyes over anika's body down to the bottom. In a quick moment his eyes glanced at anika's exposed hip.

A smirk appeared on anirudh's face, he slowly brought his hand forward and touched anika's hip in a fraction of second.

Anika jaw dropped down and jerked. Anirudh pushed her towards the wall and her way.

"What the hell ! Take off your hand Anirudh." Anika said, a little sternly.

Anirudh smirked.

"Kaaruvaya, Kaaiya yedudaa!" Anika shouted.

"Hold on ! Don't panic I just caught an ant which was running way up to you. Let me take it or else it will bite you." Anirudh said, winked at her.

Anika looked down at her hip, doubtfully. She had no feel like a creature was running her body.
Anirudh moved closer to anika and smelled her hair, taking a deep breath.

Anika sensed his breath, turned around throwing a devilish glare at him. She got to know anirudh's intention as it was obvious. Anirudh smiled, taking his hand away from anika's hip.

"Erumbu poochi." Anirudh said, innocently.

Anika bit a laugh at anirudh's reaction and tapped his cheeks, sweetly. Anika pushed him away, taking the two cups in her hand and walked away.