18

Noah

The Palace. I was surprised at how long I had anticipated to be here. It was just as I expected. Organized, full of Class and charisma. It was nothing like the village. The arranged crowd ahead made me realize that quite a number of people share the same desire Caleb and I had.

"Halt!" a voice said sharply and I jolted in my steps

"What brings you here" The guard asked stopping us from being able to enter into the main entrance of the palace

"Umm… the contest sire?" I said hoping he wouldn't be asking for anything else.

He watched us sternly before allowing us to go in.
Caleb scoffed. We joined the line as we patiently waited to have ourselves signed in for the contest.

"Why so many?" An unfamiliar voice spoke sternly.
I turned to the direction from where it came from and I noticed it was the….

"Your highness" the guard bowed

"Father didn't give a limit?" he asked irritated at our number

"No sire" He shivered. "He gave room for anybody sire"

"This is outrageous. I can't believe this. Why would he allow some set of untrained hooligans as soldiers. People that ought to protect the palace!" he voiced.

"Whoa. Is that the Prince?" Caleb asked

"I believe so" I sighed.

It didn't just seem right. Why does he have a problem with the contest. It's a great opportunity for us except he doesn't appreciate our kinds. I guess the reign of a good king will not be for long.

Shortly, our turn reached and we were registered for the contest. At last
                                                                                 ***

Alex

I gave a sigh of satisfaction as I got ready to proceed to what I had longed for in a long time.
Dressed in my peasant wear, one that looked a bit more presentable than the one I used to wear years back. After all, Father isn't here to stop me now. I laughed at my thought. Oh Father. I was ready to return to my normal life. Ready for what fate has for me.

"Do you have any specific place in mind?" Clint asked as we walked the market street.

Things had not much changed but a few developments. How I missed this.

"Not exactly" I responded "It's been a while" I chuckled.

"Your town development plan which you gave from the palace, was carefully seen through" he said.

"Good. I would want as much peace the people can get" I said.

I paused as I realized where we had reached. Her stall, the first place we met. The memories crawled back as though they were all fresh.

"She doesn't sell here again" Clint said

I had nothing to say but just stared at the place. I resisted the urge to let down a tear. It's been way too long. What was I thinking? Why did I have to wait that long? Would things change? What if she doesn't….. No

"Come on let's go. We still have a lot to check around." I sighed as we furthered.

Noah

"Ah!" I jumped to attack Caleb but he weaved my move.

"You're gonna have to try a lot harder" Caleb challenged.

Untrained hooligans…

The voice of the Prince didn't leave my head and was some sort of motivation to even press harder. I must win in the contest. I have to be a soldier.