11

ALEX

The revelation of who I am did not turn out as I thought it would. I noticed how deep the disorientation I had caused Mia and it hurts. What hurts more is the state I'm in now. I had no idea of how I would approach her. I could barely sleep after seeing her leave with shock.

I paced around my quarters as many thoughts ran through my head on how I would have her reason with me. I noticed Clint's calm and shady look and for some reason it offended me. Why is he so calm?

"Your Highness, it would be of much benefit if you would just calm down and relax" he smiled

"I can't" I ruffled my hair. "I need to make sure she's alright" I added

"I'm sure she is. It's understandable to have such an overwhelming news make her unstable" he said.

"I need to see her" I sighed as I fell on my bed.

I felt bad for hiding my identity from Mia but it was not something I could avoid. I loved our relationship, how we were so free with each other. I couldn't allow some royal title mess that up.

I sat up quickly as a bright idea filled my head.

"I'll have her here again and this time I'll make things right" I smiled

"And how do you suppose to that?" Clint asked

MIA

I walked gently and cautiously into the palace. I can't afford to have him see me. I still couldn't believe Alex is the prince. The thought alone was scary. What if anyone finds out? What would happen to me? I'd be dead. I shook my head and furthered into the kitchen. I remembered suddenly how he chased me round the kitchen when I had tricked him. It was a funny experience but wait...I did that to the prince of Scotland, I'm so dead. I hit, insulted, acted so improper to the prince of Scotland. The next King. I sighed loudly, thinking of the trauma I had placed myself in. But to think well about this, it wasn't exactly my fault. I mean how would I have ever thought he was the prince? But then again, there were clues. Oh heavens.

"Are you alright Mia?" Rebecca asked releasing me from my thoughts

"Yes ma'am I am" I straightened up.

"How was your meeting with the prince?" she asked and my heart skipped

"Eh...oh...um it was short?" I scratched my head

She had her eyebrow raised up. "You sure didn't embarrass yourself did you?"

"Oh no ma'am" I shook my head quickly

"Good" she smiled and walked away.

I gave a sigh of relief. No one must ever know of what had happened.

Work ended quickly in which I was grateful for. I left the kitchen and hurried towards the palace gates to finally leave this uncomfortable zone. Two spears stood in front of me, stopping me from leaving.

"You're not excused yet Mia. Your attention is needed in the main palace" one of the guards said.

This is it, my end is finally here. I never planned this, why do I have to suffer. My heart skipped quickly as we walked into the main palace. We finally reached the destination I dreaded the most. I begged the ground to open up and swallow me but it seemed not to favour me at this time.

"Your Highness, the lady has arrived" the guard spoke loudly.

"Let her in" he spoke from within.

I wasn't ready for this. The guard gestured to me and slowly I walked into the chamber. The beauty of this room never seized to be breath-taking but my mind was on how I would leave here alive.

There He was standing by the window side again but had his face towards me this time. We made eye contacts and I dropped mine immediately. How do you even act in front of a prince? Silence was the only speaker here and I couldn't dare to bring myself to speak or look at him. I stood like a child ready to be scolded.

"Oh Mia" he called. "Please don't act like this in front of me. It's sickening" he groaned.

What is he talking about? He walked closer to me until only an inch of space was left between us. No stay back, don't come close.

"Look at me" he said as he lifted my chin lightly and my eyes met his. "It's still me, Alex. I didn't change" he said.

I still couldn't bring myself to speak. I had so many words in my mouth but a sentence wasn't coming through.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my identity initially. I didn't want anything to ruin our relationship" he held my hand.

What? Is this a joke? He didn't want me to know he's the prince so we won't stop being friends?

"Mia please say something" he requested

"I...I don't know what to say....your highness" I said gently

"No, don't call me that." He frowned. "That's not who you know me as" he said

"But that's who you are." I said sharply before I could stop myself.

I bit my tongue for speaking carelessly. He paused and a smile gradually planted on his face. I sighed and chose to speak boldly, I already started anyways.

"Why now? Why choose to tell me now?" I asked

"I had promised to tell you after the war. I was never comfortable with the fact that I have something I'm hiding from you" he said.

I remained silent.

"Mia, I really love you and I want you by my side always. I know telling you who I am would actually have us a step further" He said

"How's it supposed to have us a step further? I mean look at me, I'm not of your class, I'm sure you already have one you're betrothed to. We can't work. It's not possible for us to be together." I said

My heart cried as I spoke those words but that was the honest truth. We can't be together.

"We can be" he said. "I'm not betrothed to anyone" he said

"What" I spoke with surprise.

"You're the only one I want to be with Mia." He said sternly. "I don't care if I'm prince or you're not a princess. What we have is better than some title or rule" he added.

How can I say no? How do I refuse to be with the one person I already gave my heart to? Why do you always have what to say?

Silence filled the air as we just stared at each other.

He held me closer "Don't leave me Mia, please?" he rested his forehead on mine as he wrapped his arms round me.

His eyes fell on my lips and he inched his head closer to mine. His lips touched mine slightly and a rush of desire passed through me. He deepened the kiss and I seemed to hold on to him tightly. Passion filled us both as his hands loosened the lace of my dress and then I knew whatever was happening between us had not ended.