4: the frightened look

SHARE THIS STORY WITH A FRIEND OR A WATTPAD READER OR BAD LUCK FROM BARBRA THE BAG *it makes sense within the chapter*

dedicated to my first in-line commenter (who's still active!!!) i love you keep reading you're like the only one

edited 2/07/17

4: the look

♡♡♡

I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I see Luke covered in flour with his mouth open slightly. So I simply stare, watching him get more and more scared as time goes by.

But wait, hold on. We're not in a howcatchem and I'm starting a chapter in the wrong way.

Day two of our assignment. Luke finished the volcano yesterday when I fell asleep and woke me up afterwards. I went home, too tired to function after a long, nostalgic conversation we had (also, it pissed me off, why would he throw all the memories at me when I'm about to start my period, I'm sure it's against the human rights). Today we picked one of the worst tasks to get it over with as soon as possible.

So here I am, dressing up a fucking bag of flour in the school library. What's wrong with this world.

"Do you think I should draw Barbra the Bag some nice hair?" Luke asks as I try to fit the bag into a baby cloth we got from Luke's mom (I don't even want to know why she had that).

"I don't know. This is ridiculous."

I scoff when I notice the dress is already covered in flour. Great, I can't wait until this happens to me.

"When is it?"

"When is what?" I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Your period. When does it start?" he asks casually as he draws some yellow lines on top of the bag of flour. I swear we are both fucking mental.

"Monday," I mumble, not even trying to hide the fact that my moodswings have a reason behind them, "Also, this doesn't even look like hair."

He shoots me a glare but then his features soften and he out of the blue comes to me and embraces me with his huge arms, leaving Barbra to fall on the desk face first.

"What even, Luke Hemmings, are you trying to kill me?" I mumble as he blocks my airflow.

He laughs and pulls away, staring at me with a goofy smile. I can't ignore the way my heart dropped when he left.

"I wanted to silently tell you I get your struggle. Well, I don't but you know what I mean. Female period is a bitch to me too but it's using the girl's body most of the time."

I have to fight the urge to snap his neck. I was this close this time, I can't even.

(Shameless mention of The Neighbourhood, get used to these.)

We finish when Barbra is all dressed up and has some better hair than some damn sharpie doodles.