Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean? He is doing it himself, he even attacked one of his own pack mates himself. Don't you remember Alpha Sophie, we saw it happen through Misty's eyes when you showed us the memories from her mind" Says Andrew.

"Yes, I do recall. However, I don't think the wolf you guys saw in Misty's memories was Ace's true self. I mean I should know, I dated the guy" I tell them.

"Oh then if it wasn't his true self doing all that stuff, then who was it?" Andrew then asks.

I then let out a slight sigh. "I actually think it's his wolf that's doing all of this" I reply softly, and the whole room goes silent as if you can hear a pen drop. I know. I didn't know it at first, but then I saw this earlier this morning" I say, my eyes then turning a slight yellow, as I take a deep breath, and start to show them the images of Ace that I saw When Elliot and the others got back with Alex.

When the image of the look in Ace's eyes comes up in my mind, all the pack members jaws drop. I am so tempted to turn it off right there, the look being too much to see a second time, but I fight through it and let it carry on. When it finally ends, I look on.

"He's really let himself go, and in such a short amount of time..." Dylan says before he trails off, unable to say anything else.

"I know. Even Keith managed to get a bite out of him, and he's a beta" I tell him.

"In possible, what can make your wolf go crazy, and make a normal Alpha fall off the deep in like this?" Andrew then asks. "What could be the cause of something like this...?"

"Well..." I trail off, as I look back down towards Luka, he looks back at me and smiles. I then look back towards everyone. "It's caused by a psychological disorder among only Alpha's. Now keep in mind that this has been kept secret for thousands of years, and I wouldn't be telling you this if Ace's life wasn't on the line otherwise." The others nod their heads.

"Sophie, what psychological disorder are you talking about?" Luka asks, after a life time of being quiet.

I look down at him. "This is actually one of the things my dad did teach me along with my brothers before he died" I mumble, trying not to be heard. I then turn back. "It's a psychological disorder known simply as..." I trail off, and take a deep breath. "Mate Madness."

Elliot then gives me a confused look. "What's mate madness Alpha Sophie?" He then asks.

I then can feel all eyes of the pack on me. "Well" I begin. "That's going to take some explaining." "Okay. The life cycle for any Alpha is quite simple really, it's all about spreading your genes to the next generation. They're born, they train, they usually find their mate when they're sixteen or so, then they take over the pack, they then get married, have kids, and live happily ever after. But I'm sure most of you already knew that, am I right?" I ask.

Everyone nods.

I then take in another deep breath before I have to tell them this next part. "And that's how it normally happens, however. In rare cases, the Alpha in question does not find his mate by the time they're eighteen. When that happens a clock starts ticking, and something snaps inside. The wolf itself then starts to become mad and restless, and since the wolf is part of that person, the human form of that Alpha starts to suffer as well. Hints the name, in a crazy way it's like rabies for werewolves. Anyway. This carries on all throughout the nineteenth year, the depression like symptoms becoming more and more dire by the second, the loneliness becoming too much to bare alone. Then on their twentieth birthday, they, well..." I trail off, unable to finish my thought.

"Well, what happens to them?" Asks Art.

I take one last breath before I finish. "On their twentieth birthday, the Alpha's heart just stops, and they die of a broken heart." The room then comes alive with gasps. I then look over towards Luka, and he gives me a worried look.