"Hey there, Mountain girl," a familiar voice addressed me, and I turned around to see Octavia standing there with a hand on her hip and a smile on her lips.

Being called that bothered me slightly. I didn't want to be known as an inhabitant of the mountain when I knew I wasn't really from there. Even if they thought I was, I hated it.

"Um, Octavia, please can you just call me Y/N?" I asked hesitantly, smiling a little to seem less bothered. "I would appreciate it..."

She seemed to sense my discomfort and her smile faded as she stood up straight. "Yeah, of course, Y/N. Sorry."

I smiled kindly, shaking my head. "No need to apologise... So, what's up?"

She motioned for me to follow her, and I did, joining her side as we both walked forward.

"I was just about to do some training," she said, her eyes trained forward. "Wanna join me?"

I shrugged, placing my hands in my pockets. "Uh, I don't know. I've never really fought before."

She smiled, though it appeared more as a grimace. "Yeah, well if you're gonna be living out here from now on, fighting is something you need to know."

Before I could formulate some sort of response, Octavia had stopped walking, pausing by a pile of weapons on the ground. She leaned down and picked up a spear and a dagger, holding them out for me to take one. Deciding on the dagger, since I was familiar with it, I chose that, and she remained ahold of the spear.

"Come on," she said, already walking ahead and to some blocks of wood that had been set up ahead. "We can practice here."

I nodded nervously and studied the blocks of wood. They had chips in it, presumably from the bullets that I had seen guards shooting at earlier on. I wondered how Octavia was planning on training, but it was as if she knew what I was going to ask, as she was already throwing her spear, and I watched it whizz past and stick into the tree bark.

"Woah," I said, jaw dropped. "Where did you learn to do that?"

She was already moving forward to collect her weapon as she spoke solemnly. "That isn't much, trust me... Lincoln taught me..."

Lincoln, her grounder boyfriend, as Raven told me last night. Apparently, though, unlike other grounders, Lincoln was understanding and compassionate. I honestly found that hard to believe, but if Octavia loved him, then so be it. I was in no place to judge. Even if it was odd that she was in love with a grounder.

"We will find him," I told her confidently, though she seemed to be half-listening.

"Let's try sparring," she changed the subject immediately, and I didn't question her as we both dropped our weapons to the side and got into a fighting stance. Despite never having fought anyone before (or at least that I knew of), I somehow knew how to stand and what to do with my hands.

Octavia made the first move, initiating a punch towards my jaw, but I saw it coming and took her slow move as the chance to duck and slide my leg beneath her, managing to knock her onto her backside. She looked up at me with shock, and a smirk slowly crept onto her lips as she nodded with approval. Meanwhile, I caught myself as I tried to understand how I had just done that, something I had never attempted before.

Find a weakness and use that against them.

I shook my head and closed my eyes, trying to locate the voice that was echoing into my mind. It was advice. And I had subconsciously followed it. What?

"I'm guessing you have done this before," Octavia commented with a chuckle, helping herself up off the ground.

I licked my lips then bit my lip. "Uh, your weakness. You move too slow, making it easier for your opponent to work their way around you."