Chapter 8- New Jobs

I woke up and got up to go to work. I had to go to the store with Véronique as well. So first we went grocery shopping and then I went off to work, which was now at the rink. Marc helped me score a job as part of the sewing team with Makayla. I was so thankful because that meant I wouldn't have to see Rebecca anymore.

I got to work and I saw a flower arrangement on my desk. Light pink roses, white Asiatic lilies, alstroemeria, cushion spray chrysanthemums and statice. It was gorgeous. I looked at the tag and it said, I enjoyed last night and I hope you did as well I smiled to myself and walked over to Makayla who was already grinning at me. She said, "You're beaming. Is that from Sid?"

I nodded and said, "Yea. He's so sweet and genuine and sincere that I just feel obligated to tell him the truth"

Makayla shrugged and just answered, "Then do it"

I immediately glared at her and answered sharply, "You know why I can't do that yet"

She shook her head and said, "No. I don't understand anymore. What are you hiding from. You like him and you know he likes you, so just tell him"

I shook my head this time and I softly answered, "I just can't. I'm still not ready. What if he gets mad that it's me and I didn't tell him. What if he finds out it's me and decides he doesn't like me anymore. I can't tell Sidney that I'm his Cinderella. No one else can know"

Then Makayla's eyes trailed to the doorway and she said, "Um, Ella" and pointed behind me.

The way she said it made me think that Sid himself was right behind me, but instead it was his best friend, Chris Kunitz.

My jaw dropped and I quickly ran and slammed the door behind him. He looked startled but he was already shocked by hearing what I had just confessed.

Makayla just sat at her desk as I looked to her for help. Some friend huh?

Chris spoke up first, "Wait, Ella, you're Cinderella?"

I just shushed him and said, "Yes. But you can't tell Sidney. You absolutely can not tell him. Please Chris?"

He shrugged and said, "I mean I can try my best, but are you really afraid he'll get mad at you, or not like you anymore?"

I nodded and he pulled me in for a comforting hug. This team was basically my family. He said to me, "Aww, Ella. Sid's not like that hun. He's too nice to be like that. That and he told me he really likes you, even if you aren't his Cinderella"

I looked up at Chris and he told me, "Trust me, just tell him, and sooner rather then later because I am not good at keeping secrets and he deserves to know, as much as you deserve his response"

I nodded slowly and quietly and he said, "Alright now that that's settled, can you sew up this hole in my pants?"

He handed me the denim jeans and I nodded with a smile. I just told him, "Come get them after practice"

He nodded and left for practice.

Makayla and I decided to get started on the restitching of the bags that were cut by the skates. Once we finished, we made our way down to the rink where we brought our small sewing kits. We weren't usually needed, but once in a very rare while, we were called upon.

We stood behind the glass and talked with Chris Stewart and Dana Heinz, while we watched practice. I noticed I got a few sneaky glances from Sid. After practice, when Makayla and I were going back to our office, Sid called out my name. I turned and told Makayla, "Wait here okay?"

She nodded and I quickly jogged over to Sid. He smiled at me and asked, "Did you get your present?"

I nodded in response and added, "Yes. They were very beautiful, thank you"

He grinned and response and replied, "Their beauty is nothing compared to yours" I flushed and chuckled at the cheesy pick-up line.

I then said, "That was so cheesy"

He then chuckled as well and asked, "Yes. But did it work?"

I ceased my giggling and answered, "Depends on what you were going for"

He then led into a sweet smile and reached for my hands, kissing it lightly and replying, "Will you join me for lunch, princess?"

The princess pet name gave me a chill. Cinderella is a princess. I tried to ignore the thoughts of caution that my brain was throwing everywhere and I answered with a small smile, "I'd love to. You go get dressed and meet me in the lobby?"

He nodded and answered, "Till then, princess" and he ran off into the locker room to shower and change. I met up with Makayla and we walked upstairs together. She commented, "That looked cute. What did he say?"

I chuckled at the recollection of the small affectionate kiss of hand and the cheesy pick-up line. I made a lock and key notion on my lips and tossed the imaginary key behind my back.

Makayla glared at me and said, "No fair"

I chuckled and said, "If you have to know. We are going out for lunch"

Makayla grinned at me and said, "aww you guys are so cute. Hopefully this lunch date will sway your feelings towards telling him"

I scoffed and said, "Absolutely not. But good joke" Then we finally got upstairs. I picked up Chris's pants when he came to get them and handed them over. Then Sid came by the office to pick me up. I just grabbed my jacket and phone and walked with him out the front door.

We went out to lunch at Chipotle and again, Sid paid, refusing my offers. Once we finished he started walking me back to the arena and he said, "Hey, there's a red carpet event this weekend that I am suppose to be attending for being a Stanley Cup Champion, however I don't really have a date"

I gave him a funny look and said, "The Sidney Crosby doesn't have date?"

He chuckled and replied, "I haven't really had time for finding someone other then my Cinderella, but I do have you"

I put a hand on my hips, already knowing he would ask, and I replied, "And?"

He gave a slight and joking bow and said, "Ella, will you be my date on the red carpet?"

I shrugged putting on an act and said, "I mean, I don't know"

He sighed and said, "Ellllaaaaa. Pleaseeee?"

I chuckled and said, "Okay. Yes, Sid, I'll be your red carpet date" Sid grinned and hugged me before saying, "Good, because I need someone to look better then me" I laughed and we finished walking back to the arena. We said short goodbyes and I went home. Lately I had been think of getting an apartment by myself so I had been looking for one recently. I had an interview for one in an hour, so I got dressed nicely.

I drove over to the Southside Works City Apartments and walked into the lobby. I was led into a conference room and I had my interview with the fancy business man. I felt it went pretty well. Once it was finished, I drove back home and decided to go shopping for a dress for the red carpet event. I had to look fabulous and jaw dropping gorgeous, I am sure Makayla would and could help, so I gave her a quick call and she screamed into the phone very happily.