Encounter

"Fuck!" Joker muttered under his breath as he sharply turned the steering wheel of his Lamborghini to the right.

He knew he couldn't just go out for a drive, he should have known better

He knew he couldn't just go out for a drive, he should have known better. He needed some time alone from those damn henchmen of his. They were so incompetent! They had messed up majorly at an attempt to rob the bank they had been planning to for weeks now. It was a major heist. And they had failed.

He had already shot two of the goons, had he stayed at his hideout he surely would have rid himself of them all in an instant. So he decided to go out for a drive instead in an attempt to cool off.

The damn bats was on his tail, coming in hot as the joker sped through traffic. He narrowly missed other cars, and even pedestrians.

His eyes narrowed at the sight of a woman and a stroller, and he slammed on the gas pedal causing the car to roar and the turbo to kick in

His eyes narrowed at the sight of a woman and a stroller, and he slammed on the gas pedal causing the car to roar and the turbo to kick in. He twisted the wheel slightly and was just inches away from the woman when he sped through her and another car. That's when Batman slammed on his brakes, realizing he would never make it.

His car came to a halt and looking up, he had realized he lost his target. He sighed and got out of the bat mobile, trying to help many disoriented drivers and pedestrians recover from what the Joker had caused.

Realizing batman was no longer in pursuit, the Joker slowed his vehicle and turned off the head/tail lights before entering an alleyway. His car came to a complete stop in the middle of it as he leaned back into his seat, teeth gritted.

"That was too close, ol' boy," he said to himself, a hint of amusement in his voice. He had avoided the bats, and that was a victory in itself.

With his head leaning back and his eyes half closed, he spotted shadows ahead of him, moving slightly. He scanned the shadows further and noticed it was of a man and a woman. The woman was walking but stopped abruptly as the man slowly approached her.

He was disoriented. Drunk. He had one arm raised and his speech was slurred.

The woman standing before the man, about ten feet away, seemed unfazed. Joker watched intently.