Imagine 129: Lab Rats

Imagine...
Trying to convince your boyfriend Chase to not go to the Particle Collider after finding out from the Leo's that the rats don't come back from the mission.

---

You pace the lab back and forth for a few minutes, waiting for your boyfriend and his siblings to come back to the main room to get their com systems. You don't come back, Leo's words bang around your head. This could possibly be the last time you see Chase - the last time you see any of them.

The doors near the capsules slide open and Bree walks in first, followed by Adam and Chase. You stop your pacing and go straight for Chase. You grab the arm that reaches for his com system and he looks up at you almost emotionlessly.

"Please don't do this, Chase." You beg. "Davenport's building the rover. You don't have to do this."

"Yes we do, Y/N." He mumbles. "If we can save the world, who cares if we die doing it." Stabbing me would have hurt less, you think to yourself. He uses his free hand to gram his com system and puts it in his ear. You can feel a few tears sliding down your face and use your own free hand to wipe them away.

"I care." You let go of his hand and limply drop your own to your side. "But it seems that that doesn't matter anymore." It looks like he's about to say something else but you turn quickly and rush out of the lab. Why is he so smart yet such an idiot.