Imagine 122: Wizards of Waverly Place

Imagine...

Being the youngest Russo. You always go to your oldest brother, Justin, when you're scared at night and can't sleep.

---

Age: 5 and 17

Your tiny form shook as the storm outside raged on. You knew that most of your family was still asleep, but you felt scared and alone. You didn't want to go to your parents room after long ago deciding that it smelled too funny to even consider entering. Alex was a no, she would tell you to suck it up or go tell dad. Max was a deep sleeper, so that only left Justin. And you knew that he would help you.

So you crawled out of bed, slipping into the pair of fuzzy blue slippers that you'd gotten for Christmas and tugging your matching fluffy blue blanket off the bed. You began your near-blind search for your brothers room. You knew exactly which one was his, since there was a low glow coming from beneath the door. He was probably still up studying.

So you lifted your hand and knocked softly on the door, hoping that you weren't waking anyone. When the door swung open your brother looked at you with a tired and confused expression.

"(Y/N), what are you doing up? It's two AM." He sighed. You pulled your blanket tighter around yourself.

"I can't sleep, the storm is too angry." You murmur. The boom of thunder caused you to jump, dropping your blanket and dive to wrap your arms around your brothers waist. "I... Could be asking you the same question anyways." Your brother looked down at you, then sighed again.

With a little struggle, Justin managed to grab your blanket and lift you off the ground. He walked back inside his room, sitting you on the bed before going back to close his door. You once again wrapped yourself in your blanket.

"You look tired." You say. He looks at you.

"So do you, kid." Without saying anything else, Justin sat beside you on the bed and grabbed the book he had been reading from. Some time when by before you spoke again.

"Justin?"

"Yeah, (y/n)?" You turn to him and smile toothily.

"Can you do that trick again? The one daddy taught you, and Alex, and Max?" You heard him sigh again, but a find smile appeared in his face.

"Yeah, sure kid."